Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Happy Monday + Singing

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I am guessing you are working on something, possibly your music or a new project or maybe even a road trip, but anyway, just so long as you are having fun and the work is coming along to your satisfaction. Those are the important things.  :)

Just a quick update from me. I had fun myself singing bass on yesterday's church anthem, "Locus Iste" by Bruckner (sung with English lyrics instead of the original Latin, which I disagree with but you can't have everything). It was my first Classical piece, and a beautiful piece it is. Now I am working on "Ave Verum Corpus" by Mozart (which will also be unfortunately sung in English), and on that one I will be singing in my normal tenor. It has some subtleties such as half-step sharps and flats in a certain progression that sound counterintuitive to the ear, like "why does it go like that"?! But then you hear how Mozart resolves it into the main key, and it gives you goosebumps. It's only a two minute piece, and the first minute is very easy, but I want to nail the last minute so I've gotta work on it and the best way to do it is to try and understand melodically why he takes it in the direction he does.

But I hope we get to keep learning these classical pieces. I wanna get good at them.  :)

I want to be a good singer.

Today was a good day too. Just a regular work day but we went to Lake Balboa at 5pm and had a nice time there. And as I write, there is a Hammer Studios/Christopher Lee "Dracula" movie on TCM, so all is well.

I like your new self-portrait that you are using on your Youtube channel. I just saw it this evening, and it is a lovely picture of you.

That's all I know for tonight. See you in the morning. Post if you can, and if you wanna.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment