Thursday, October 13, 2016

Happy Wednesday Love + Iconic Photo + Gotta Do Art

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope your day was good and that your soundtrack is coming along well. :) I finally went on a hike, though it was only a standard Aliso Canyon one. But still, a hike is a hike, right? I had actually been planning to go out to El Escorpion Park in West Hills to go to the Cave Of Munitz, but Grimsley texted me at 1pm to ask if I'd meet him at Aliso, so I said yes. I was just glad to get a hike in, after not doing one for almost a couple weeks. I still have to go to Rocky Peak (which I do every year at this time), and also back to my new favorite, the DeCampos Trail that goes up to Mission Point. My next trip will probably be to the top. I will see if I can do it in under 40 minutes.

But first, I've gotta get back to my regular hiking. It's been a busy couple of weeks, work wise.

That was a great photo you posted for your professional FB page, of Mixi from Stitched Up. I've gotta say, it looks like the fans up there really turn out for these festivals. Whenever you show the crowd in one of your photos, it always looks like a lot of people. That particular shot has an iconic feel, because of the way she is posed on the small platform at the front of the stage, with the crowd facing her, and then the crowd itself is hemmed in by the old buildings of the city. That's what gives it the iconic look. That, and the black & white, which always gives a "historic" look to a photo, for reasons discussed many times here in these blogs.

Stitched Up Heart must have a good following in Madison, and it's really great that you have them on your roster.

That's all I know for tonight, except that I also really am enjoying doing my drawings this year. I draw for about 20 minutes or a half hour while listening to music in the evenings (it's gotta be with music cause the music influences the drawings), and anyway, it has made me wanna just really incorporate artwork as a permanent and developing part of my life. I think I mentioned that I started painting 20 years ago at Burton Street, and while I don't have the time or facilities to paint right now, I know I will in the future. And I can still draw in the meantime.

I cannot do anything remotely considered "representative" art, but I can do my own thing. The most important part is that when I do it, I feel really involved.

I can't "draw" in the traditional sense, but I can feel that something is trying to get out nonetheless, and I love to do it, so Continuing Art is in my future........

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment