Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Great Picture + "Joan Of Arc" by Bresson + Organic Creation

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I liked your picture this morning, showing you "in your workplace" just like I was talking about last night. :) I like the way you have everything set up, and I like the light coming through the window, and I also like your sweater. It's looks just right on you and is perfect for the tone of the picture.

I also happen to agree wholeheartedly with one of the comments made by an FB friend of yours; she is exactly right.  :):)

It's quite an undertaking to create music specifically to fit a film, and to match the feeling of different scenes, and finally to sync it all. I know I take it for granted that you are a One Woman Cinematic Machine, but it's really an accomplishment to do what you are doing, and of course I look forward to the finished product!

Today for me was an Atypical Tuesday, because instead of taking Pearl to Golden Agers, we went instead to a really awesome small park in Simi Valley called Santa Susana Park. It's just down the road from Corriganville. Pearl woke up too late to go to Golden Agers (because her hours are backwards, as mentioned last night), so I took her and The Dogenheimer to this park, which is beautiful with canopied oak trees, a big green lawn and sandstone formations. The rest of the day I was just chillin', and right now all is quiet on the Western Front, a good sign, as that has not been the case recently. If I can get Pearl to start sleeping normal hours again, I may be able to start hiking in the afternoons, at least on a semi-regular basis as I was doing up until recently.

Tonight I watched a Tremendous Film : "The Trial Of Joan Of Arc" by Robert Bresson.

"Now, wait a minute, Ad. This is Tuesday night, not Thursday. How could you have seen the Bresson film two days early"?

Because I was very generously given a dvd copy last week, by a guy who (like me) always attends the screenings. We are gonna see the same film two nights from now, but since he gave me the dvd I figured I'd watch it beforehand, to get prepped for the CSUN showing. With Bresson, you've gotta have multiple viewings anyway, and so I watched it for the first time tonight. I won't go on a Bresson tirade (not tonight, anyway, haha), but his "Joan Of Arc" is a fantastic film, and though different in tone from Carl Theodore Dreyer's classic and more famous version of the trial of St. Joan, I'd put both films on par with one another. The Bresson version is only an hour long, and stripped down to just a recounting of the trial, using the actual 15th century transcripts. His "Joan" comes across as more defiant and stoic than Dreyer's actress, even though her performance is hailed as one of the great female leads in all of movie history. I think both are great, and I'm glad I saw the Bresson. Now I will see it again on Thursday. :)

I liked your post, via your friend Morgin, of the picture that said "The Ram and The Lion".

I can think of another picture that could say "The Ram and The Archer".......  :):)

I saw other posts too, one was a beautiful photo of the mountains in British Columbia, showing the colors of Fall. And Sarah's post about having the available technology to create one's own music. That's what it's all about these days, SB - the opportunity to just plug in and do it with no middlemen, so all you've gotta do these days is focus on the deep well of emotion from where the music comes. When you are the engineer as well as the musician, you want to make sure and separate the technical, automatic recording process from the intuitive music creating process. Take your time and dig deep for the music. Let it develop as it wants to.

You already know that, of course.  :)

I will see you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment