Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Concert Scene Is Your Workplace :)

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice day and I see that a couple of tours are happening : the post of the Stitched Up Heart photo looks like they are in front of a classic old Hollywood style apartment building. They are from L.A., right? And they seem to have a national following. Also, I see that The Fine Constant is going on a fairly extensive tour. Man, it would be awesome if you could travel to some shows with either band, or both!

But it looks like you have a lot of stuff happening already. The photo you posted this morning was a new band if I am not mistaken : Famous Last Words. By "new" I mean new for you. When you post a lot of your pics, you add the date of the show, and it looks to me like you are hitting a lot of the local shows and clubs on a regular basis. Those are your places of work, those clubs and other facilities, and so it is just like any other profession in that regard, except that it is a lot more fun to have rock clubs and your own room (where your computer setup is located) as your place of work. Too cool, says I.

Although I still go to a fair amount of shows, I haven't been a regular on the Sunset Strip in a long time. But back then, when I was down there a lot, you would see the same few photographers at every show, and at the Santa Monica Civic, too. Back then, I would sneak my camera into a lot of shows, but these guys were pros and had photo passes, and so they didn't have to sneak. But yeah, they went to all the shows, and it was the same few guys, over and over. You always saw them.

And it looks like that's what you are doing, establishing yourself as the On Scene Photographer. It also looks like, from the pix you have posted, that there is a good crowd in these venues on a nightly basis. So that's what I meant when I said a while back about becoming the Go-To Photographer for your local scene. And you are doing it!

And the 8000+ hits for your Alesana pic is fantastic! Obviously they must have a national following as well.

I wish I had more to report for myself, but the last couple weeks has been pretty much work intensive. I am having to be really "on the ball" for Pearl - more than before - and so it has not been as easy to get away for hikes and photos. I still have the time to do so, in the afternoons, but the problem is that I haven't been getting a lot of sleep and so I am tired in the afternoon. Pearl's hours get turned around backward and she can be up until 3 or 4 in the morning.......

Anyway, no big deal. Things will hopefully get back on an even keel, and then I'll be able to watch movies and go on hikes......I hope they open up Placerita Canyon soon. It was damaged in the fire last Summer, but as soon as it opens, I'm there.

That's all for tonight, SB. See you in the morning. I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment