Thursday, October 6, 2016

Sweet Babyism + James Cannot Help But Be Humorous + "Kodama"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Ok SB, now that is awesome and I love it! I am talking about your post via James of the Baby who resembles him. Now, the subject of Sweetbabyism is usually pretty serious business, haha, but now even James is getting in on the act (though likely unbeknownst to him), and because he is, you know the humor will come through. I have a feeling that he is one of those guys who doesn't have to try to be funny. Do you know what kind of guy I am talking about? It can be a girl too of course, but someone who, just by being in their presence you are ready to start laughing. That's James : getting in on the Sweet Baby Business without even realising it and being funny all at the same time.  :)

I hope your day was good. I finally got my copy of "Kodama" in the mail, and Holy Smokes! Neige is back in the thick of All Things Metallic and Spacy, even though he said previously that he wasn't gonna do that anymore. I'm glad he went back on his word. I had a chance to listen once through, and the track that stands out the most - it blew me away - was the second one : "Eclosion". On that song he builds up the riffs to an incredible, intense release point where, in the chorus (refrain is probably a better word in this case), he is screaming his head off moreso than I have ever heard him do before.

Neige said in a recent interview that the terror attacks in Paris had a visceral effect on him, as he lives so close by the Charlie Hebdo offices and the Bataclan. He said that some of the music on "Kodama" is a response to those acts - an "F.U". is the way he put it. I don't speak French so I don't know the lyrics to any particular song, but "Eclosion" is about the most intense thing I've heard him do, so maybe that is what he is referring to. After one listen, I was pretty blown away by the album. The artwork is beautiful as well (just like the Opeth), and I noticed one thing that was interesting for me personally :

There is a guest vocalist on the album named Katherine Shepherd. That is probably not an uncommon name in the scheme of things, but I had never heard of this singer before, and she spells it with a K, and Neige and I have the same birthday. Of course it's just a coincidence, but my Mom, Rosemary Landers, was adopted. And her birth name was Katherine Shepherd, spelled with a K.....

Kinda cool, sez I.  :)

It sure has been a great year for music, and I am still looking forward to the new and upcoming Eric Johnson acoustic album, and also Metallica's new one.

No hike today, but I did take The Crew to Lake Balboa, and we had a nice time amidst the ducks and flying blackbirds.....

I saw one other post which showed up where the newer posts do, even though it was dated a year ago in 2015. It was from Threnody In Velvet, she is wearing a Black Swan costume.

You got the copyright on that one, Sweet Baby.  :):)

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment