Monday, October 3, 2016

Sonic Boom Footage (2015) + Last Scully Game at AT&T Park + Top Ten King Books

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a great time at the show today, and also that it was a success for all involved, you and the band and the fans. Did you stay the whole day? I'll bet it was a blast, and I can hardly believe that a year has gone by since you went to last year's Sonic Boom (initials SB....meaning that The SB was at SB), and....where was I?.....oh yeah, that a year has gone by since you took those awesome from-the-stage shots of James and Versus Me at the 2015 show. Time flies, which means you've been having fun.

I saw your post a little while ago from Versus Me that showed video highlights from the 2015 Sonic Boom, and I wondered if you shot any of that footage? There was some cool stuff in there, and I know you were hanging with the band that day, so maybe you did some video shots as well as the stills......  :)

Not a lot to report on my end. We did not sing this morn, as first reported last night, but we did have an hour long practice of songs for upcoming weeks. This afternoon I had both my radio and my TV tuned to the final Dodger game of the season which was also Vin Scully's final game of his 67 year career. I didn't wanna miss it, and it was just so great to listen to him one last time. The sound of his voice has not changed since I first heard him as a kid; he's gonna be 89 on November 29, but he doesn't have an old person's voice. His voice is exactly the same.

Well, I wrote about Vin the other day so I'll leave it at that, but it was also really cool because this last game was at AT&T Park in San Francisco, which I got to go to when I was up there in July, a beautiful stadium for sure.

As much as I love football, I think I've gotta say that baseball is still my favorite sport after all these years.

Yeah, sports........(c'mon Ad). But it was Vin's last game, so........  :)

And now, because it's October (and because I don't have a lot to write about tonight), a quick list :

My Top Ten Stephen King Books (novels only) :

1) "IT" (rereading it now - almost done - and I don't know how anyone could write something so great, so epic)

2) "The Shining" (the first thing I ever read by SK, almost forty years ago)

3) "Christine" (1983)

4) "Cujo" (got a signed copy : I sent it to him in the mail, he sent it back. Pretty cool!)

5) "11/22/63" (a recent SK masterpiece)

6) "Joyland" (another recent one about love and horrors in an old fashioned amusement park)

7) "The Stand" (which many consider to be #1)

8) "The Tommyknockers" (his lone UFO book. He hates it for some reason. I love it)

9) "Salem's Lot" (the greatest Vampire novel ever written, beyond scary)

10) "Pet Sematary" (a truly horrific book, buy hey - this is Stephen King we are talking about)

I have a few that would probably make most fans' Top Ten List, and some that wouldn't, but anyway, this was inspired by my current re-reading of "IT", and the fact that Stephen King has been with me most of my life (like Vin Scully, who was with me all of my life), and that kind of thing - longevity and connection throughout one's life) is an awesome and amazing thing for which I am beyond grateful.

That's all I know for tonight!

I Love You and will see you in the morning, Sweet Baby.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment