Thursday, October 27, 2016

Hilary & Hillary + Sparkling + CNN Is The Worst

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I am back - back a couple hours ago actually - from the Hilary Hahn concert at Disney Hall. Tonight was a recital, so no orchestra, just Hilary and pianist Robert Levin. It was of course a fantastic performance, two hours long with pieces by Bach, Mozart and others, including a world premier of a partita written by a Spanish composer named Anton Garcia Abril, who was in the audience. Grimsley came with me, and on the way down we were caught in a traffic nightmare and almost didn't make it on time. Disney Hall is one of the only venues in Downtown LA that isn't easily accessible from the subway. The nearest station is one mile away, which is doable, but the problem is that classical concerts start at 8pm, so time is a factor. The good news is that we made it - barely (they didn't start til 8:07 & we got there at 7.59!) - and the other good news, which is another thing I love about classical concerts, is that I was back here at Pearl's by 10:40.

That is awesome and I wish all concerts were that way. Yeah, I know.....when I was younger it didn't matter cause I hung out after shows so I could meet rock stars, etc.......it didn't matter if I got home at 2am or even 4am.

But nowdays, SB, I love getting home early, haha.  :)

This time also I did not stay for the usual after-show meeting with Hilary, just cause the line was super long and Grim was with me and we had the opportunity to get back home early. So, despite the traffic on the way down, a successful evening.

I hope you had a nice day, and as I said yesterday I love that new portrait of you that you are now using on FB as well as on Youtube, which I originally commented on. I also liked the quote you added, by Rumi, because it so fits the way you look in that picture. You look joyous, and really......you look positively sparkling. It is a beautiful photograph of you, and also, you have as always a good eye for style and color design because the black & white of your dress (or top, not sure which) plays just right against the dark grey background, and sets off your hair and the color of your lipstick, as also remarked by one of your friends.

An expressive picture of you indeed.

I hope that means that all projects and day-to-day life in general are going well, and I guess it must mean that. How else could such a picture emerge?  :)

I also went to a movie this afternoon : "Trumpland" by MIchael Moore. I don't go to the theater a lot as you know, but Grimsley had been hounding me to see this one, and to see it before the election, so I did. It's really not even about Trump but about Hillary Clinton. And it's not a documentary like most of Moore's films, but a filmed live show, of him doing a stand up routine before an audience in Ohio. But it's mostly about Hillary, and why we need her as President, and I must say that Moore's commentary, besides being hilarious (he's a riot) was exactly on the money. He says all the same things I've been saying about why we need a woman President, and specifically this woman. It's an extremely incisive film. Moore nails it.

And today just so happened to be Hillary Clinton's birthday, so it was the perfect day to see it.

Of course, when I got back from the movie, CNN is pushing Trump, Trump, Trump.

"Oh, he's closing in on the polls in several states! He's closing the gap".

God, I hate CNN. The phoniest baloniest Trump-Creating station in the nation. They created him, then they tore him down, and now as the election closes in, they want to bolster their ratings as so they tell us that it's gonna be a cliffhanger.....

"Trump is closing in! He could win"!

I don't like Anderson Cooper or any of those people. Total phoney baloney corporate news.

I like Michael Moore better. He tells it like it is. He knows Trump Is Toast.

That's all I know for tonight, Sweet Baby.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment