Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I'm Back + Excellent Photo + Recent Hikes (deer) + Evolution Is Baloney

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I was glad to see you back today. For a minute there, I thought you might have actually gone to Mexico City for Knotfest, because I knew one of your bands was there and I thought maybe you got invited along. But then I thought, well, Mexico City is a major excursion and you probably would've mentioned it.  :)

Anyhow, as always, that's the only reason I didn't write for the past three days, just cause I didn't see you on FB. I hope you had a nice weekend, though, and I liked the photo you posted this morning. You got some great color tones with the different shades of purple (hair & background) and the ink black of her dress. I agree with your friend Brian too, that you used your lighting to great effect to make her hair three dimensional against the background.

I finally did some hiking since I last wrote. On Friday I went way up high on the O'Melveny Trail, 36 minutes in and more than halfway to Mission Point. O'Melveny is a longer distance to the Point than when you take the DeCampos Trail, so 36 minutes only gets you halfway whereas on the DeCampos it gets you almost to the top. The other thing about the O'Melveny is that it's steep. So it was a bit of a workout after not hiking much for a couple weeks, but I had a blast.

Then on Saturday I went out to Santa Susana, where I hadn't been in a few months. Normally I used to go there once a week or so. This time I didn't climb to the top of the Devil's Slide, just because of the steep hike the day before. But it was great to be back at Santa Su anyway.

Sunday (yesterday) was Church, so no hike, but today I went out to Whitney Canyon in Newhall and had an awesome 65 minute hike. It's funny, because I had intended to go to the DeCampos Trail and hike for 40 minutes to get to the top, or at least close. But for some reason I spaced out and missed the turn onto Sesnon Boulevard, and before I knew it I was to far ahead to turn back. So, I went to Whitney Canyon instead, a few miles down the road (and across Sierra Highway), and I was glad it worked out that way because I saw two sets of deer! The first pair were in a meadow a short ways in, and I got to see something I've never seen before, at least not in person. When they saw me and heard me coming, they bounded away, and because they were in tall grass with rocks and uneven terrain underfoot, I got to see them leap, they way we've all seen in nature films and footage. It was beautiful because it looks so graceful and effortless. They trot along, and then all of a sudden they leap - and tuck their legs up - and they seem to float for a second. They are suspended in midair but moving forward. Then they land and trot very gracefully again until the next leap. It was wonderful to see, and I think I missed my exit for the DeCampos Trail on purpose, haha.

The other pair of deer I saw further into the canyon, and they just froze up and pointed their ears at me, as you may have seen if you saw my FB picture this evening. I love Deer Ears, haha. They seem to have an existence all their own; these big giant funnels on the relatively small deer heads that move directionally like radar. Just the shape of them is what I like. Super cute, but also very useful.

So those were my hikes since Friday. We had good singing in Church yesterday, and next week the director wants me to sing bass on a song by the classical composer Anton Bruckner called "Locus Iste". It's a pretty easy part, but I gotta practice anyway cause I'm not used to singing that low.

For my reading, I finished "It" by Stephen King (which I may have mentioned) and I also finished the Timothy McVeigh book by Dr. Wendy Painting, who in my opinion should get a medal for her work on that book. It ought to be required reading in every school in America (and everywhere else too) so that people will know what the Department Of Justice and the FBI are really up to. And the CIA and Military, too.

I have just begun two new books : "The Black Carousel" by Charles L. Grant, a poetic writer of self-described "quiet horror" whose earlier books I was a fan of in the late 80s/ early 90s. Now I am revisiting him. My other new book is called "Genesis, Creation and Early Man" by Father Seraphim Rose, an American priest (now deceased) of the Russian Orthodox Church.

I have probably already said this, but I do not believe in Evolution. What I mean is that I do not believe in it as a philosophy or a Truth. Yes, it may be observable that certain species, even many species, have traits that seem to be genetically advanced or "built upon" the traits from other species, as if a frog advanced from a fish, or whatever. I am not well versed on evolution, and I'd bet that most people are not. They just accept it as fact - that nature (the only "observable" phenomenon unlike "unscientific" God, who is unobservable) created all we see and know. And not only that - that everything in the Universe arose out of nature - but that it arose and changed and adapted at random and without reason.

Excuse me, but What A Bunch Of Total Baloney.

Yeah right, Mr. Darwin : The incredible creatures that are human beings - with all the things they think and feel, and know instinctively, and with all the spiritual history they can feel at their cores, and the connections they feel to Eternity, and the Things They Glimpse That Cannot Be Described....

Yeah, that was all just a series of random chance connections that occurred in the Primordial Soup. Humans came about for no reason, only because certain molecules happened to bump into one another - totally by random chance - even though, in becoming Human, they turned into creatures with minds and souls that are truly beyond comprehension, so much so that even the most advanced computers and robots will never be able to approximate them.

Yeah right, Mr. Darwin.

How can anybody believe in Evolution?

It may have some technical value, to describe a process in which smaller animals adapted features from progressively less well-adapted animals, but as a theory for all of biology in the Universe, and especially in trying to describe the indescribable human mind and soul?

I repeat : what a bunch of baloney.

So, I am interested in other theories of Creation, and while I am not in any way a Fundamentalist Creationist who believes that dinosours were here 5000 years ago, and while I am not interested in any simplistic religious theory of Creation, I am interested in the theories and writings of the Christian Fathers (i.e. Patristics) because they were present and witness to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I believe that the true origins of Man are mindboggling in a magical way, something truly miraculous.

Anyway, that's enough of a tirade for tonight, lol.

It's funny because people think science has all the answers, which it does not and never will, because all science can do is observe and measure, and deduce. Now, of course science has greatly improved the lives of humans over the past four or five centuries, and has taken us to the Moon. Science is amazing and incredible. The problem is when it oversteps it's bounds and attempts to answer The Questions For Which An Answer Cannot Be Measured Or Quantified.

That's all I know for tonight. Post if you can. See you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment