Friday, January 20, 2017

Album? (maybe some viola, too?) + Bill Nelson + Trump Is Toast (#resist)

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a nice day and played a little viola, in addition to any other endeavors you are currently pursuing! Maybe shooting a Selfie or two.  :) I saw the post about the Starset album, and I know you are a fan and have also photographed them, but because the post announced that their album is completed, I wonder if you meant the same for your album, too? Because sometimes you use posts to be synonymous to what you are doing. Well, I suppose I shall find out soon enough!  :)

Today, your basic Thursday with Pearl's hair appointment. Cold and overcast today, but no rain yet. It's supposed to start late tonight and continue through tomorrow. My album for the afternoon was "The Years" by Bill Nelson, an all-instrumental album that plays like a pastoral soundtrack, as if you were travelling through the English countryside and taking in the sights, a tour through Bill's life and memories set to music. He is one of the most creative artists I know of, constantly putting out albums, and for me "The Years" is one of his best in recent "Years". Every song, every melody just fits right into the next, so once again it is what I call "all-of-a-piece". I think it is so important for albums to hold a mood or feel throughout, which is why song order is so important. In fact, that's why albums came about in the first place. Once, people only bought singles - 45s, they were called (as in rpm) - but as rock became more artistic, bands wanted to put out full albums to dig deeper into the emotion and structure of their music, to really develop their songwriting, as opposed to simply putting out Hit Singles. Anyhow, a guy like Bill Nelson - who began in the legendary Be Bop Deluxe in the 70s - has been around so long and progressed so far in his abilities that every album he puts out is like a part of his spiritual life experience.

On the non-spiritual side, I hate to acknowledge it, but of course I have to, that by tomorrow morning we will have, as the American President, the biggest jerk in the history of this country. I know a few people who will be marching tomorrow in protests. Trump is gonna begin his Presidency with the lowest approval rating in history, and it's only gonna get worse for him, especially when Putin starts blackmailing him or when the CIA decides to retaliate for the things he's said about The Agency.

So he's finished before he starts. I think he will last two years, max. But still, let's all hang on and band together until he is gone. My motto is, as always, "Trump Is Toast". He makes Nixon look honest and Bush look like a genius........so let's be rid of him as soon as possible.

Tomorrow, maybe a hike if it doesn't rain all day.

See you in the morning, SB. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment