Monday, January 23, 2017

All Day Rain But Made It To Church Anyway + Stayed Inside After That

Happy Late Sunday Night, my Darling,

Well, today was as good (or bad) as advertised in The Torrential Downpour Department. It pretty much started raining about 20 hours ago and it hasn't stopped yet. Right now it's only a light rain, but this morn it was a deluge. I remember back in 1992 we had a similar rainy Winter, and during one storm they showed an area down by Lake Balboa, which is in the lowest part of the Valley, and a street sign was just about a foot above the water. That's probably what it's like down there today at the same intersection.

There was once a hit song in the early 70s called "It Never Rains In Southern California" by Albert Hammond. He was right about the title, because it doesn't rain very much, sometimes even for five years like the drought we just had. But then he has an ironic twist to his lyric : "It never rains in California, but Girl, don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours". The lyrics were metaphorical, describing something else, but he was also being literal about the rain here. It never rains, but when it does it pours.

It's supposed to be over by midday tomorrow, so Yippee for that! And we might even have a 70 degree day by Thursday, so fingers are crossed for that too.

We made it to church and the singin' was good, though not many people were there. The rest of my day was spent indoors, watching the playoffs (sorry about The Pack) and reading (naturally). I even Googled "Rain" by The Beatles, lol, and learned to play it in about two seconds, cause it's just G/C/D back and forth, and easy to sing over the chords.

I only saw one post today, about NAMM, another of your friends who was there. One of these years you will go yourself, maybe even next year! And one of these years I would like to go, too. 

And speaking of which (i.e. Anaheim), I have gotta get back to Disneyland fairly soon, or I may not be able to hang on much longer.

I'm strugglin'! I need to go - I haven't been there since Halloween 2011.....

All I need is someone to go with, cause my sister won't go anymore and D-Land is the one place you can't go solo. I'll bet George Michael could have testified to that...

So that's all I know for today. Hoping for a break in the weather tomorrow.

See you in the morn. I hope you had a good weekend.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment