Thursday, January 26, 2017

Alcest? + Sunny But Freezing + LBJ And Trump Are Both Psychos + "3 Godfathers"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Sorry about not writing for the past two days. It's just the usual reason/excuse, that I didn't see you on FB (except for a post about watching 1990s music videos) and I had nothing of note to report on for myself. This morning, I did see your post, though, via James with the little girl playing the Xylophone. I took that to be a "Sweet Baby" post......  :) And then tonight, I am sure you must have gone to see Alcest in Chicago. In fact, I'll bet you went to the record store to see the acoustic set this afternoon. They did one there on the last tour, too, am I right?

Well anyway, I hope you had a blast, and you are probably either still on your way back home or have just recently arrived. I will of course be seeing them in a couple weeks, at The Roxy on The Sunset Strip.

Not much going on other than freezing. We've had the Sun out for two days now, but I still had to wear a sweatshirt and heavy jacket to go on my "quickie" hike at Aliso today. Last night it got down into the 30s, and tonight too. For you, that qualifies as no big deal; for us, brrrrrrrrr........turning into popcicles.

I have started two new books : "LBJ - From Mastermind To Colossus" by Phillip F. Nelson. This is the sequel to Nelson's 2014 masterpiece in which he proved, as far as I am concerned, that LBJ not only masterminded the Kennedy assassination but was also a certifiable psychotic who had many other people killed too, during his long political career, in addition to engaging in behavior, day in and day out, that would make even Trump blush.

Don't take that last line as me letting Trump off the hook. He is the worst President since LBJ, and only four days in.......in fact, we don't have free speech anymore, or at least the Environmental Protection Agency does not. They are no longer allowed to post about Climate Change.

Check that for good measure : an issue on which the scientific community is almost in unison is not to be reported on by the agency that is in place to regulate the protection of our environment. Unfreakingbelieveable.

But LBJ was an even bigger psycho - a serial murderer (though he had others do his killing), and it all just shows where we have been for a while now, unfortunately. Trump, however, is so inept that he will go down in flames.....

On a lighter and more fascinating note, I have also begun reading a book I have been interested in for several years now, and have only recently purchased : the two volume "Temple Of Man" by R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz, a comprehensive study of the occult sciences, mathematics and symbology of Ancient Egypt. It's 1000 pages, so it will take a few months to finish, but I am sure it will be a mindboggler.  :)

Tonight I finally watched another movie : "3 Godfathers", starring John Wayne and directed by the great John Ford. It is the story of three bank robbers (Wayne, Harry Carey Jr and Pedro Armendariz) who flee into into the desert after pulling a job in a small Arizona town. As they search for water and endure sandstorms, and are relentlessly pursued by the town's sheriff and posse, they finally run across a covered wagon with a dying woman inside. She is pregnant and they help deliver her baby, and with her final breaths she makes them promise to bring him to safety. The movie turns into a biblical metaphor for the Three Wise Men after that, with a Sweet Baby in tow.

It's not quite a classic - though very good - and because it's John Ford it's a sentimental Western, but my goodness does it ever look awesome. It was shot on location in the Alabama Hills about 200 miles north of L.A., and that location has been used for several Westerns. It looks amazing, so desolate and unusual, like you are on the moon. I keep saying I have gotta get out there myself, and I hope to one of these days.

The movie was shot in Technicolor, but instead of being lurid, which would not have worked for this film, the cinematographer created a pastel look to everything. It's one of the best looking Westerns I've seen, and, you can never go wrong with John Wayne. He was The Man, in every movie he was ever in.

Well, that's all I know for tonight. I hope you had a great time at the concert and that things are going well.

Post if you get a chance. See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment