Sunday, January 15, 2017

Florida! + Finally Some Nice Weather + Santa Susana & Coyote

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Wow, Florida eh? That's awesome! I am assuming it is in conjunction with your work. That was a great photo this morning, with the palm trees, the gazebo, the stormy sky and.....is that a pier on the right? Well anyway, the whole pic is very Floridian! So where are you? Palm Beach? Boca Raton? St. Petersburg? I guess I will find out, but in the meantime I hope that you are having a great time there, and I wish you success on the project, whatever it may be.  :) I am also glad that you are in warmer temps, as you reported. I don't think southern Florida ever gets really cold, and so you are in the right place.

We actually had a fairly nice day here. The Gale Force winds died down around Noon, and left us with 99% blue sky, and by the early afternoon the temps were in the upper 50s, so Sub-Zero was gone too, at least for the moment. I took the opportunity to go to Santa Susana for the first time in a couple months. The whole park was very green, and I had a nice hike up a trail called the Waterfall Trail, which I usually haven't climbed in previous years because during the drought, when the ground was bare or dry weeds all over the park, the Waterfall Trail had some sections that were very narrow and right next to a significant drop-off. I always stay away from that kind of stuff, but today I went up, because all the recent rain has caused a ton of growth on the Waterfall Trail, which has buttressed the narrow parts. So you don't feel like you are gonna fall off a cliff when you pass them, at least for now. When I got to the top, I was walking along, and I came around a bend and whammo - all of a sudden a Coyote. He was perhaps twenty feet away, and he took off running within a second or two of seeing me. This being my third or fourth Coyote sighting, I am discovering that they are timid or even scared of humans, but still, I did not proceed any further down the trail. You don't want to corner a wild animal, no matter how timid. He (or she) had been trying to catch a bird in the shrubbery, and having seen these guys a few times now, I have come to kind of feel sorry for them, because they are always on their own, and they look thin (though with rusty colors in their coats, almost calico), and in a way they seem humble, like the raccoons I see at CSUN. One day I hope to get a picture of both Coyote and Raccoon, though with Raccoon it would have to be at night, and with Coyote it would have to be if I discovered him from a distance, then snuck up on him silently. Otherwise he'd run away.

But I never ever wanna run into any kind of Big Cat. No thanks! That would be way too scary for me, lol.

No movie tonight, my friend Dave F. came over for a CSUN walk instead, and after that I was drawing and listening to music : "Exotic Creatures Of The Deep" by Sparks.

Tomorrow's song is one I have sung before, but have never before sung well because it has some high reaching notes with lots of sustain, but this time it will be a piece of cake. It is called "You Are The Salt Of The Earth".

You will probably be asleep when I post this, cause you are on East Coast time, but at any rate I will see you in the morn and then again after choir practice, at about 1pm.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment