Saturday, January 14, 2017

No Rain but : Gale Force/Sub Zero + Music On New Stereo & New Style Of Drawing

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Happy Friday the 13th, too, always a good day indeed. On the same subject I saw your post via James a little while ago, and he always cracks me up, a natural born comedian. :)
 Today the rain stopped (yippee!) so I took Pearl and The Kobermeister to Lake Balboa. I wanted Pearl to get some exercise after being cooped up for so long, and we walked quite a ways along the path. Kobi rebelled after a while though, and I had to carry him. He's an old guy now, but even in his younger days it was usually a "dog pull" instead of a "dog walk" with him. He just doesn't like being on a leash, I think. We all had a blast, though, and it was great to get outside.

Tonight, still no rain, but Gale Force Winds are back (oh boy!......not) and Sub-Zero remains.

No movie tonight, just reading and music. I think I mentioned that I set up my little Sony mini-stereo a couple weeks ago, on the cabinet where my trusty Aiwa blaster used to sit. I always used to listen on headphones for many years, but this new system sounds great even at low volume. In my building the sound goes right through the walls, which I am all too familiar with due to several obnoxious neighbors over the years, so I do not want to be like them. In an apartment, if you are not an obnoxious person you have two options, listen on headphones or play music at lower volume on speakers. I am now choosing the latter with my new system, and it sounds good, especially in the afternoon when most residents are not home. Today's albums were "Music Of The Spheres" by Mike Oldfield and "Xenuphobe 2" by Xenuphobe (an ambient music project by Ty Tabor of King's X and Wally Farkas of Galactic Cowboys). Both albums are awesome........  :)

I also began my first drawing of 2017. I started with just pencil this time, inspired by Fursy, who has posted some of his recent drawings on FB. Now - I am about .00000001% of Fursy's talent (if that) and I have never been able to draw representative art. I had no training, can't draw perspective, etc. But I am gonna nevertheless try this year to draw scenarios, even if they come out looking like kindergarten drawings. I am gonna draw "scenes of weird stuff", just from dreams and memories, and I am gonna use only pencil to start with - to build a framework of a scene - and then I will finish each drawing with dashes of one or two colors and some abstract, "automatic writing-style" fill-in art, which is my natural style, and which is the style I drew in all of last year, when I finished 11 drawings. Last year was all abstract and very colorful, this year I want to hone it down a bit, and actually try to draw scenes, even if they come out looking rudimentary. I want it all to be channeled from my subconscious too, as always.......  :)

No movie tonight, but I have some coming from The Libe, so maybe tomorrow.

I hope you had a great day.

Maybe a hike tomorrow, if the weather holds up.

See you in the morning, SB. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment