Sunday, January 22, 2017

Limekiln, Lipatti, Basically Waiting For Winter To Be Over :)

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope you had a good Saturday. I saw your post of the pic of Randy from Stitched Up, and that is super cool that he is at NAMM. Now it says on their tour schedule that they have a show in Atlanta tomorrow night, so he must have had to fly out there asap. That's a lot of activity for all of you guys - you and the band - starting in Florida last week. King's X was doing a live show at NAMM tonight too. I wish it was closer to home, but I don't travel out to Anaheim very often for shows (though I'd love to go to NAMM one day).

We had a break in the weather today, so I went for a Quickie Hike (45 min.) up at Limekiln, the "sister" canyon to Aliso. If you saw my pic on FB, you can see that the creek has a lot of water in it, for the first time since I've been going there. And there was also that sound, of rushing water that I love, it's so soothing and besides that it just plain sounds great, lol. It must be a primal thing. Everything is green up there now and the ground is saturated. Tomorrow we are gonna get pounded by yet another storm. At least we are not in danger of running out of water any more.

Today in the mail arrived a 7 cd set of the recordings of the great pianist Dinu Lipatti. He only lived to be 33, so the box set comprises pretty much everything he ever recorded. Tonight's "album for the day" was cd #1 from the set, with Lipatti playing Bach, Mozart and Chopin. The style in the 20th century was mostly to play the repertoire clean, without flash and embellishment or histrionics, which is why the pianists of that era are gods to me. They did have their various styles and interpretations, and if you take my three favorites you could say that Lipatti was perfectionist and ultra-clean, Sofronitsky was mystical, and Kempff was contemplative. But all of them played with a purity that you don't often hear nowdays. So, I will be enjoying my new cd set for many listens to come.

Tomorrow, hoping to make it to church but the rain will probably do the deciding for us. They have said it will be torrential, but that may come later in the afternoon. Our song is easy, more of a hymn than an anthem : "Holy Spirit, Faithful Guide", an organ piece that had words added to it.

Everything else is good. The Kobedog's front feet are lifting off the ground when he barks, always a good sign. He's the Shot Caller around here; I just do what he tells me......  :)

That's all I know for tonight. Assuming we make it to church, I will be back at the usual time, 1pm.

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment