Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Great Video Clip + Finally A Hike + "The River's Edge"

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

That was an excellent clip you posted this morning for Sarah's pedal endorsement. Now, is that just a snippet from what will be a longer video for the product, or was that the whole thing? Just curious, because you mentioned the Opera House (which you also posted a photo of a couple weeks ago), and I am guessing that if the video is longer, you will show more Opera House, even though obviously the focus is on the product and Sarah's use of it through her playing (which was also quite good). But anyway, great job as always, and it is super cool that you are adding musical equipment clients to your resume. From that angle could come other jobs too.  :)

I was lucky to get a hike in yesterday, at Aliso. My first hike of the year, and maybe my only one for the next few days, due to the continuing rain that is forecast. I had expected Aliso Canyon to be one big mud puddle but it wasn't too bad, maybe because the ground had been so dry for so long that it absorbed most of the water. Got a few pics too, mostly of the stormy sky and the Moon, which was unexpectedly bright and large in the afternoon sky.

Today, just a typical workday. After visiting Northridge Libe, I went on a Dave Grohl Studio walk which I often do when I am at the Libe, just to get a quick mile in.

Tonight's movie was "The River's Edge" (1957), a crime thriller with a Western setting starring Ray Milland, Anthony Quinn and Debra Paget. Quinn is a rancher out in the middle of nowhere (maybe New Mexico); Paget is his bored wife, whom he bailed out of jail to marry. Milland is her former boyfriend, a criminal who is the reason she was in jail in the first place. He shows up at their ranch with a suitcase full of money, looking for her, and all sorts of plot points emerge. It turns into a hostage situation and an escape through rugged mountains for Milland, who forces Quinn at gunpoint to lead the way.

I'd give the film a 7 overall, mostly due to the acting and script, and the tight pace of the editing. I love 90 minute movies, because I think that is the optimum length to tell a cinematic story (though of course there are myriad exceptions). The letdown was the direction. Allan Dwan was a legendary Hollywood director, but he didn't seem to have his heart in this one. The tension wasn't there in what could have been a very nerve wracking situation. Still, it looked great, in Cinemascope and Color By Deluxe. And, I love old movies and am thus back on track, having begun the year on a roll.

That's all I know for today. Hope you had a good day and that all current projects are going well.

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment