Thursday, January 5, 2017

Kobester Groomer + "Broken Arrow" + "The Temple Of Man" by Schwaller de Lubicz

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Another drizzy day here, steady rain since afternoon. Didn't do much but take The Kobester to the groomer. I think I mentioned a few months ago the unusual coincidence that his new groomer is located right across the street from the legendary homestead at 9032 Rathburn, or simply 9032 for short. That is where I lived from 1970-95. The quake blew the house up and we had to move, and I think I've mentioned all this before, but anyhow, that's where Dr. von Kobermeister's groomer is located, directly across the street from 9032.

Kobe was there for quite a while, almost three hours. She said she had to go real slow with him because he was stressing out big time, and she is aware that he had a seizure one year ago that was likely groomer related. He is on anti-seizure meds since then, and he was okay today. He has to at least get his nails cut every couple months and his eyes cleaned. At his age I might not subject him to stresses if he were my dog, but anyhow. He looks beautiful and the groomer did a good job.

I got my walk in despite the rain, thanks to the invention of the umbrella, and then I watched tonight's movie, "Broken Arrow" from 1950, a classic Western starring James Stewart, Jeff Chandler and Debra Paget. Man, what a great movie. I am on a roll lately, SB, one great movie after another, and this one has got to be one of the best Westerns I have ever seen. Jimmy Stewart plays an ex-Army officer who now prospects for gold and silver in Apache country in Arizona in the 1870s. The character was apparently a real person, and in the movie he decides he wants to meet Cochise, the legendary leader of the Apache tribe, so he can attempt to negotiate a peace treaty, in order to stop the endless cycle of killing between the Americans and the Indians.

The story is all about the friendship he forms with Cochise, and their mutual attempt to forge a peace treaty, in the face of opposition of both other Apaches and American ranchers who don't want peace. Jeff Chandler was fantastic as Cochise. I had not seen a lot of his work, and I knew he was yet another of Hollywood's "tragic" actors who died young, but he deserved the Academy Award nomination he got for this portrayal. And Jimmy Stewart.......well there is a reason he is probably my all-time favorite actor, and that's because he is great every single time, in every movie he is in. This time, while in Cochise's Stronghold (an actual piece of land in Arizona) he meets and falls in love with a young Indian maiden (Debra Paget), who he then intends to marry. This forms another piece of the plot, and I am sorry to say it ends in tragedy. But the love story is so beautifully told that the tragedy is transformed into a spiritual uplifting.

"Broken Arrow" - which I was surprised not to have heard of until a week ago - was truly great. From what I read at IMDB, it was also one of the first movies to depict Indians in a positive light (and yes, it's okay to call them Indians, they call themselves that at the CSUN Powwow). I give the movie a 10/10, and it is also beautifully shot in Technicolor on location in Arizona, directed by the great Delmer Daves.

Well, this blog continues to be the Movie Report for the time being. If it ever stops raining and freezing then I can get back outside. I did order a book yesterday that I am super excited about : "The Temple Of Man" by esoteric Egyptologist R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz. I heard of the book and the author via Dr. Farrell, who has referred to de Lubicz many times in his own books. "The Temple Of Man" runs over 1000 pages and is supposed to be a masterwork of examination of the symbols, heiroglyphics and physical works (pyramids, etal) of the Egyptian civilisation, from the alternative viewpoint of de Lubicz, a scholar of the first degree who proposed that the symbols of ancient Egypt were placed everywhere (in writings, on buildings and in mathematics of archetecture) to remind human beings of a forgotten legacy. That Egypt was a Legacy Civilisation, left to the Egyptians by a highly advanced, departed culture that no one knows the origins of.

As I am always In Search Of Answers and Don't Subscribe Much To Standard Issue Ancient History, I can't wait to receive this book. It wasn't cheap, but I was aided in my purchase by an Amazon gift card given to me as a Christmas present, so super cool all the way around.

I hope your day was good, and you are no doubt working on one aspect of your album or another. I only saw one post, from Sarah, a pic that looked like it was from NAMM. Perhaps she will be at this year's as well.

That's all I know for tonight. See you in the morn.

I Love You.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment