Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Mega-Wow! + Looking Forward To It + "The Rains Came"

Okay Elizabeth........

Of course I wish you the usual Happy Late Night and all, and as usual I hope you had a nice day.

But I only have one word to say at the moment : Wow!

Sometimes that's all you can say, right?

So I repeat : Wow. And now I have much more to say. First of all - and you don't need me to tell you this because it's obvious, but - that painting looks great! Great as in fantastic. Your friend nailed it, and I don't even wanna ask how much time it took, or anything like that. It looks amazing, and as others remarked, your eyes stand out beautifully against the paint.

The second thing is : what a great idea for an album cover! I mean, I didn't even know you were making an album, but now that I know, I think that is an ingenious idea to make your face the canvas for the artwork. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing that before. Big time kudos to you and Annalisa.

The third thing is, as I just mentioned, it's a surprise to hear that you are recording an album! I know you were planning one, way back a few years ago, but then a ton of other things happened. So it's exciting to hear about it now. Because you mention an album cover, I am guessing you are gonna make some CDs, as in physical copies? That would be great if you do. I will be excited to get a copy.  :)

Well........ wow, again. That was a stunner to see the face/artwork photo this morn.  :) I look forward to hearing your music!

Today a typical Tuesday Golden Agers day. Did some New Year-inspired straightening up of The Pad. Tonight's movie was called "The Rains Came" (1939) with Myrna Loy, George Brent and Tyrone Power. Brent plays an aristocratic though devil-may-care artist living in India, post independence from British rule. He is a Brit himself, who gets invited to a party thrown by the Maharisha (female leader) played by the great character actress Maria Ouspenskya. At the party, he meets Myrna Loy, also English, who he had once had a fling with. She is now Lady So-and-So, an aristocrat herself. The film is actually an adventure story, and so what happens next is a monsoon and humongous earthquake, and I must say that the special effects for the quake were downright incredible for a movie made almost 80 years ago. Following the disaster, all the rich folks have to "get real", as they are now on the same footing as everyone else. Loy volunteers to work at a hospital, treating the wounded, and there she falls in love with the ultra handsome Ty Power. George Brent finds himself at the attention of a young lady (Brenda Joyce), who idol worships him, and from there the various romances play out, amidst the tragedy of the natural disaster.

It was a great movie, and I have gotta say that Myrna Loy is one of the great Movie Stars of the Golden Era. Pure class, intelligence and ability. Looks, too. There is so much to be said for movies (and Movie Stars) from that time, and though the films were stylised, and photographed in a glamourous way, there was always a story to be told, and the scripts in those days were so full of themes and threads. There was rarely a wasted moment. And the acting was excellent, too.

I've been on a roll with my movie watching of late, and I will try to keep going. But I've also gotta keep up on my reading, too. And my music listening. And, I've gotta start my new drawings for 2017; one per month, just like last year. I am tellin' ya, SB, I have gotta get a bigger place to live. I've got so much stuff in The Tiny Apartment that I can barely move. Well anyhow.........it's gonna be a great year!

See you in the morn. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment