Monday, January 16, 2017

On Tour = Awesome! + Good Singing As Usual + "El Greco"

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

So, you are in Florida with Stitched Up Heart? That is super cool! I just now did some Googling, and I see that their tour starts tomorrow night in Miami, so that is beyond awesome Elizabeth. How far are you gonna go? I see the tour lasts til Valentine's Day, almost a month. Well, once again big congratulations are in order, and what ever you do, have a blast and take a ton of pics to document your experience. I don't know if you took the pic of the Drag Queen Crossing, but that was very funny in any event. And the Stitched Up guy was wearing shorts in January. I'm jealous, because as a Californian we can very often do that in Winter - but certainly not this Winter, and I am tired of freezing already!

But yeah, I think it's great that you are back out there with those guys (and gal) and I hope you all have a great time and some excellent shows.  :)

Today was good singing in church. Pearl was too sleepy to go, so I went by myself. We only had five choir members, but we did a nice job on the anthem.

The rest of the day was shopping at the produce mart (bought tomatillos and other ingredients to make Salsa Verde), and reading as usual and working on my latest drawing.

My "Album For The Afternoon" was "El Greco" by Vangelis. My goodness, SB....I have had this cd since about 2004 or so, and I used to listen to it a lot back around that time, but I hadn't listened to it in a few years.

There aren't a whole lot of albums that I'd call a "Ten", that are just tremendous start to finish....but this is one. Now, it ain't rock n' roll - it's Vangelis, and so it's keyboard driven but very, very atmospheric, almost ambient in places......but it's also very dynamic and dramatic, like a good movie soundtrack. There is so much feel on this album that it blows me away. It's a quiet feeling, but oh so powerful. So here's to "El Greco" and Vangelis.

That was all the news for today. I saw your other post about "working from home" and I had to concur, because even though I don't work at my home, the things in that cartoon can sometimes apply to me, haha, especially when I am running on overload capacity.....but it's nice to have the relative perks, like having cat and dog as co-workers, haha, as I do here at Pearl's.....or having sweats for a uniform. Especially when it's freezing!

That's all I know for tonight. Best wishes for tomorrow; you guys will go out and destroy some shows.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment