Friday, June 30, 2017

Just To Say Hi

Hi Elizabeth,

Just checking in to see how you're doing. I did see a post, via James from Stitched Up Heart, that said "Today was a good day", so maybe that's the same for you. I hope so.  :)

I've had the thought that maybe you haven't been reading this blog like you used to, and so maybe the perceived communication problem is all in my mind. It's weird - in a good way - that this blog has been based, in part, on intuition all along. It's also been based on our unique communication style, but without intuition it would not have worked. And way back in early 2013, I intuited that some of the FB posts you were making were meant for me. This was after our direct messaging stopped in Fall 2012. But back then (in 2013) your posts were very specific, and there were a lot of them, and I didn't even need strong intuition to understand that those posts were meant for me. That's why I started writing to you via the blog. I just thought, "hmmm, can't use the FB instant message anymore, so let's try it this way". And it worked. And for a long time, the communication was easy to interpret, and there was no doubt you were reading. These days, though, it's harder to tell. I am guessing you still read, at least occasionally, because when you posted your  brilliant Red Gown pictures last month, I wrote about them and when you posted the next one in the series, you worded your comments in such a way that I knew you had read what I wrote. But anyhow, maybe you don't read all the time anymore. That would be understandable, given your work schedule and life in general.

I really enjoy writing to you. I love talking about the various projects you are working on, especially your music, and I also like writing about my own day-to-day life (much of which is "ho-hum" I realise).

As to my comments about your move to Chicago, I was just being straightforward. I just wanted to know if I should keep writing, or if you had a new relationship. That's a fair question, right? I mean, I know we don't have a regular "in person" relationship, and as I wrote at the beginning of this blog, what we have is unique - based on intuition and symbolism, and my writing. But that would be nothing in comparison if you were moving to Chicago, besides for professional reasons, to be near someone.

And if that were the case, it would be something I would not want to intrude on. That's all I was saying.

But because you don't post much anymore, in general (not even close to what  it was in 2013-2015 or so, but especially since the beginning of this year) I have wondered if maybe you aren't even reading what I write these days. I don't wanna keep writing all of these apologetic and explanatory blogs, but I don't wanna just stop writing to you, either. So if you are reading, and you want to respond, I hope you will. I love to talk to you about anything and everything, as you know. But if you don't have time or aren't interested, all you have to do is say so. If there is some other issue I am not aware of, please say so. I am being straightforward and have no hidden agenda.

I've been with you since the beginning, not just with "Autre Temps" but also with the first version of your song "The Hours" that you posted when you were still in the dorm at UW.

Well anyway, let me know what you think, if you are still reading.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment