Saturday, December 17, 2016

Beautiful Theater/Latest Project + "Susan Slept Here" + Super Chilly!

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Now, I can wish you a Happy Friday Night and say that I hope your weekend is off to a good start. Boy am I out of it! Last night, I was off by a day. It was Thursday and I thought it was Friday, lol. I think it's because my job is kind of a round-the-clock thing; the days and hours just kinda blur together and I finally lost track. It's like how there is no Up or Down in Outer Space, or something like that......

I probably belong in Outer Space, haha.  :)

I was excited to see your photo this morning! Wow, that is great news, Elizabeth. That is a beautiful theater, and I am wondering if I have seen it before (I think I have), because you may have attended a concert there, or perhaps even were part of a concert or other project there? I am guessing, but I think I've seen it. It's a historic theater if I'm not mistaken.

Well, you didn't specifically mention that this latest project was a music video, and because it's under wraps until January I will just have to guess, but I am gonna guess that it is a music video, because you say you are very excited about it, and music videos are your Main Thing. And if it's a music video, who could it be?

Not Versus Me, cause they are on tour. Maybe a new client? It would have to be somebody big enough to warrant the theater, I imagine. It's a Big Deal, I am thinking, and I am also thinking that I will have to wait til January like everybody else because I can't guess who it is, and maybe it's not even a music vid.

But we will soon find out.  :)

Today I went for a slightly muddy hike at Aliso. The ancient creek had a small amount of water in it for the first time since I've been hiking there, due to last night's steady rain. No pics, but a good hike.

Tonight's movie was "Susan Slept Here" from 1954, starring Debbie Reynolds and Dick Powell. I've been looking for Christmas movies, and this one came up on Google. It does have a Christmas theme, as the initial action takes place on Christmas Eve, but what is most noteworthy about this film is how racy it was for 1954. Dick Powell plays a middle-aged Hollywood screenwriter (his character's age is 35 but he was 50 at the time), who has a 17 year old juvenile delinquent dumped in his lap on Christmas Eve by two cop friends of his. It's a convoluted script, so don't ask, haha. Debbie Reynolds is the teenager (though 21 in real life). She was at the height of her talent and star power at the time, having co-starred in "Singin' In The Rain" a couple years earlier. Anyway, the Dick Powell middle-aged screenwriter character winds up marrying Debbie Reynolds' teenage firecracker character, and all kinds of hijinks ensue. I was watching, thinking, "this kind of picture could never get made today", because it's very un-PC. But the reason it works is because it's clean-cut. Despite the age difference in the characters, they are wholesome and so is the ultimate message of the film. Another great aspect is the Technicolor art direction, which captures 1950s Hollywood in all it's pastel splendor. They certainly don't make movies like this anymore, but in a way, it's kind of ahead of it's time, even now. And the film just looks incredible from a visual standpoint.

Well, that's all I know for tonight. I almost froze on my walk. Man, it's c-c-c-c-c-cold out there SB!

We have a frost warning tonight, supposed to be in the low 30s. The dreaded L.A. cold is here.

The heater is turned up, the Kobedog is wandering back and forth, and I will see you in the morn.

I Love You. Congratulations on this big job!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment