Thursday, December 22, 2016

Perfect Portrait + The 'Ster Is A Bit Better + Candy Cane Lane

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

It must be noted right off the bat that the self-portrait you posted this morning was very beautiful, and as you mentioned, the quality of the light, and the way in which it is falling across your face and especially your eyes, is really something special. Such a great mix of light and gradual shadow in that photo. It looks like a painting, and you could be a character in a movie in that pic. It's really great! I have said that you are, among other things, an excellent people photographer. Well, one of your best subjects is yourself. Well done on this morning's photo, 10/10.

Semi-good news on the Kobi front. He seemed to be feeling a bit better today. He was walking better - though not as good as before - and this afternoon he ate all his dog food, which he had not done the previous two days. I think part of his problem was constipation, and without getting graphic, he found some relief from that tonight, lol. But he still is favoring one of his rear feet, and licking it, so - because I always analyse everything to pieces - I am still guessing is a problem of irritation rather than something more serious like a hip problem, which Bischons aren't supposed to get. I think he's just got a sore foot, either from stepping on something and hurting a pad, or from getting a burr in between pads. I checked for those and didn't find any, but a small piece could be wedged up there, and it's hard to inspect because The Kobester doesn't like it and pulls his foot away. He had a burr stuck in his foot a couple years ago and I properly diagnosed it myself and pulled it out, thereby avoiding a costly (and scary for Kobi) visit to the Vet. So once again we will play it by ear tomorrow, but if he needs to go, we will go. I'll know more in the morning, but I am much relieved that he was doing better today.

This evening, I took Pearl to Candy Cane Lane in Woodland Hills (another Valley town about 6 miles from Reseda) to see the Christmas lights. We have done this every year for the last several years, and for me personally it's been a tradition since the 90s. I think I mentioned that Candy Cane Lane is actually about four streets worth of lights in an upper-middle class neighborhood. This 'hood has been doing the lights since the 1950s, and they go all-out. It's really beautiful to see. We went at the right time this year, too, because last year we went on Christmas Night and got caught in A Traffic Jam For The Ages. Tonight was easy.

It was easy at least until I got home and tried to go on my walk, at which point the Gale Force Winds and Accompanying Rain had returned. I had brought my umbrella but when I opened it, it got bent by the wind, which I knew would happen but I opened it anyway because I didn't wanna get soaked.

Well anyhow.......bring on the 113 degrees already.  :)

I am kidding, because I do love the Christmas Season (as you can tell on FB), and I can deal with the rain and even the cold.........but not the Gale Force Wind. That part I really don't like.

One good thing is that, starting tomorrow, the daylight get a minute longer each day until June 21. But I agree with you about the quality of the Winter light, as you mentioned in your photo. It has, at least here in L.A., an orange cast, and because it comes in at such a low angle it has a soft quality. At about 4pm here, the leaves on the trees look like they are lit from within. It's simply gorgeous, just like the Christmas lights.

So that's all I know for today. Starting Friday night I will be off for five days, though I will be singing in church on Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning, which I probably already mentioned.......

See you in the morn, SB. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment