Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Kobester Needs To Go To The Vet

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I don't have a lot to report today, because Kobi has not been doing well since last night and so the focus has been on him. He is gonna turn 17 in a couple weeks, which is pretty amazing, and he's had a few age related problems for a while now : blindness (he's probably 70-80 percent blind), a slight shoulder weakness that causes a limp, and lately he's been wandering around the house. Just a day or two ago he began to stumble, and last night it got bad. One of his back legs wasn't working too good. I noticed that his nails had gotten long, so this morning I took him to Petsmart for a nail trim, hoping that might help.

It didn't help as much as I'd hoped. Tonight, however, I saw that one of the pads on his bad foot was a bit red, so now I am thinking maybe he stepped on something, like a burr, and perhaps it is caught between his toes. That has happened before. Normally I would just inspect it myself, but I am exhausted from little sleep last night, and then Pearl's cleaning lady came over at 9am instead of Noon like she usually does, so we just went to the park so she wouldn't have to work around us. She usually comes when Pearl is at Golden Agers and no one is home.

So on top of Kobi having his sudden problems, it was a bit of a stressful and sleep deprived day.

I will take my Buddy to the vet tomorrow. I am hoping his problem is just related to his foot, and not a hip problem or something neurological (which I don't think it is). It's probably just that he stepped on something or it's a bone problem. Hopefully they can help him to get better.

I know he won't be around forever, and even right now he is extremely old, but he just got a good report in October from his doggie cardiologist, so I am hopeful, pending tomorrow's diagnosis.

He isn't even my dog, but I just love the guy like crazy. We bonded right from the get go and we've done a lot of things together over the years that I've been Pearl's caregiver.

Well, I will just hope for the best. Say a prayer for The 'Ster if you might, and perhaps he will be on the upswing soon.  :)

That's all for tonight. I will see you in the morn.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment