Thursday, December 15, 2016

Jimmy Kimmel + Limekiln + "The Damned" + 100% Support Cause You Rule

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I just finished watching The Jimmy Kimmel Show, and it looked like a humongous crowd on Hollywood Boulevard to see Metallica. Grimsley went, with my ticket, but they wouldn't let him in even though he was listed as my guest. They said the person who registered the tickets has to be there, so that sucked for Grim, to go down there and not get in. He still got to stand on the street and hear it though, and from what it looked like on TV, Metallica kicked ass. I will catch 'em when they tour the new album.

I had a nice hike at Limekiln once again. I am kind of on a Limekiln kick lately - I'm really enjoying the winter vibe there, as mentioned either yesterday or the day before - and this time I brought my cam, as evidenced by the picture I posted on FB. Now, speaking of Wintry Vibes......Good Lordy Moses, SB! I checked the weather in your town this afternoon, on Weather.com: 16 degrees was the high temp, and 7 below zero was the low temp. Yikes! That's real Winter! I'm just a Winter Wanna-Be out here. It is gonna get down into the mid-30s (at night) over the weekend, though, so we will be cold too, or as cold as we ever get.....But you guys are hard core.  :)

Tonight I did watch a movie : "The Damned" (original French title "Les Maudits") by director Rene Clement, who made some great films in the late 40s and early 50s, including "Forbidden Games", a children's view of WW2. In "The Damned", he tells the story of a small group of Nazis - Generals, soldiers and businessmen - who are fleeing to South America in a submarine at the end of the war, when it is clear Germany will lose. The movie plays like a suspense film, because the Nazis realise soon after their departure that they have no doctor aboard, and what happens if someone gets sick or injured? So they surreptitiously stop at a French port and kidnap a local doctor, who stays with them for the rest of their voyage, though he plots to escape.

It's an excellent film, with great b&w photography, and classic direction by Rene Clement. It just has that French, post-war look that all the great films of that era have. So that was tonight's viewing.

Today I saw a couple posts by you. One was of Patrick from Versus Me at the Grand Canyon. That is so cool that those guys are touring. I've gotta do some touring myself, lol. I still wanna see the Alabama Hills and eventually see the Grand Canyon myself. I'm the only one who hasn't seen it!  :)

The other post I saw was of Randy from Stitched Up Heart, pictured with his Mom at an awards show. They are another up and coming band on your roster, which is awesome, and what I thought was equally awesome was what he said about his Mom.

Those words were beautiful, Elizabeth. I myself am so glad - and I mean Super Glad! - that you chose to follow your dream - and I am doubly glad that your Mom has supported your decision also. I think your Mom rules, as I've said before. Some parents push a child away from their dream, so for her to support what you are doing is wonderful. And I will always be supporting you myself, because I have known you could do it from Day One, from the moment I saw the Autre Temps video, and then even more when I saw your first couple piano videos from your dorm room.

There was never any question that you were gonna follow your dream.

And now it's reality.

So that's the way it was meant to be.  :)

And God Bless your Mom for seeing it too.

That's all I know for tonight! I will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment