Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Happy Christmas Eve, my Darling,

I just wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. I hope you had a great day and also for the holiday itself tomorrow. I didn't do much today, just hung around The Pad mostly. It was sub-zero outside, so I stayed in and read my book "The Andreasson Affair", about a lady who had a Close Encounter back in the 1970s. Man what a weird story. And, not very Christmassy, I realise.

But things got much more Christmassy as the day progressed.

At 6pm I went to Pearl's and we headed over to church for rehearsal. Our regular pianist wasn't there, so we had a Master's Degree piano student from CSUN as a substitute, and she nailed it. As for myself - sorry, SB, but I've gotta toot my own horn here - tonight was my best singing ever. All the car practice is really paying off. Also, I think there is something about singing in the evening, maybe because your voice and body is warmed up, maybe you are better hydrated (hard to drink a ton of water before 10am), and just basic biorhythms. Not that I can't sing well in the morning, because I can, and that's the normal state of things. In fact, we only sing in the evening once a year, on Christmas Eve. But it just felt like my voice was more supple and could go up and down with ease. So, it was a blast. In addition to our two songs, we also sang six carols. The attendance was good but not as full as I'd have thought, perhaps because of the cold.

I got back home at 9pm, hung out for a bit, checked my Yahoo Football Pick-Em scores, then walked across the street to Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic Church for their 10:30 Mass. That was my Mom's church, so I go to the Christmas Eve service every year. It was jam packed, as always, so I had to stand in the lobby with the overflow crowd. I love the Catholic service, though, very ceremonial and ritualistic. It was a long service, 90 minutes, so I got back at Midnight and here I am. And I will be back in Pearl's church tomorrow morning at the usual time of 9:30 for more singing on Christmas morning.

I hope you have a great day tomorrow! Once again, Merry Christmas to you, your family, and all of your friends and bands, too. :)

I will be back home in the early afternoon.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment