Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Holiday Spirit + Albums Of The Year + Trump Is Toast

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice day. FB finally showed some different posts under the "posts You (meaning you) like" heading, and one of 'em - via Sarah - was about cramming two weeks of work into a few days, so maybe that means you are doing the same, or similar. I say that because all your other posts were about bands and upcoming concerts. Atilla was one, and I've seen you mention them before, so maybe they are a new client?

I am guessing that everything is going well, and I hope you are also getting into the Holiday Spirit.

You know me : I love Christmas and everything about it. I have reserved a few Christmas movies from the libe and I will begin watching 'em starting this weekend. I was looking for ones I had not seen, so I got "The Shop Around The Corner", "A Christmas Story" and the 1938 version of "A Christmas Carol", the only one I haven't seen. I need a few more too, I think.

No movie tonight, I was tired when I got home and I fell asleep for a little while, and after that I just wanted to listen to music, so I listened to Eric Johnson's new album "EJ" while I read my book ("Genesis, Creation & Early Man"). "EJ" is all acoustic, just Eric playing acoustic guitar and piano and singing his songs, with a few covers. Man, what a beautiful album, so much feeling in every song.

This has been an above average year for records. In the 70s, when I first began to buy lots of records, I would always do a "Top Ten" at the end of every year, and back then it was never a problem to come up with ten records, because there were like 50 great ones (or more) every year. Now, or in the last 15 years or so, it's been hard for me to come up with a Top Ten (or even a Top Five) because there just aren't as many new records I wanna listen to anymore (yeah, I know I'm an old fogey, haha).......

But this year, there have been some superb records, and I have been re-listening to them all week. When a bunch of albums are released one-on-top-of-another, you can kind of listen to one.....and then blow past it to get to the next one. So it's always good to go back and re-listen after a few weeks or months, with fresh ears as they say.

I have done so, and I am impressed.

The new Opeth is awesome!

The new Alcest is awesome! (and man, those vocals are incredible.....you know which ones I mean)

The new Radiohead is incredible! (man, how great are they? Who would think up such music?)

The new Eric Johnson is incredible! (as reported above)

The new Bill Nelson is incredible! (again, so much feeling and musicality, such beautiful picturesque sentiment)

The new (from last January) David Bowie is incredible! (and will put a tear in your eye)

And finally, the Anderson/Stolt album is incredible! (from Yes singer Jon Anderson and guitarist Roine Stolt)

So there's seven great albums for my Top Ten, and all are top notch. The only other things I've been listening to on a regular basis are my Sofronitsky albums and my Hana Blazikova ancient soprano music albums.

But anyhow, there's a Top Seven for you. Not bad, these days.  :)

I am holding out the briefest hope the Trump won't be inaugurated, and if he is, that he won't last through his first year.

The CIA has said that the Russians hacked the election. Not some news reporter or some conspiracy theorist.

The CIA.

So something is in the works.

Trump is Toast, one way or another.

That's all I know for tonight, SB. Post if you can.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment