Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Excellent Work Once Again!

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope your day was good. Are you still in Colorado? If so, you are no doubt having a blast and taking many pics. Remember to take pics "on the road" during your journeys - pics on the way to each destination - so that you can compile a kind of lifelong travelogue. That is something I would love to do one day, just drive on backroads all over America, and take photos of Stuff That Strikes My Eye. Make my own American Album so to speak.  :)

Your video for Anna was excellent, with a lot of nice motion shots, one in particular of the camera following her in a circle around a flower bush. And the high speed "rewind" at the end was a nice touch too. She seems to be a natural in front of the camera, and you say it was her first time acting. Perhaps you contributed to that also. You have a knack with your subjects in still photography, so it carries over into your video work as well. With Anna, you got her to relax, and brought out her personality. You are very good with people, the #1 skill a director must have (though some old time Hollywood directors might not agree, lol, as some were tyrants....)

Today being Tuesday, no hike was had. Hopefully I will go on one tomorrow. I am finding, with the Smudge Cam (my Lumix), that I do not notice the dust smudge so much in landscape pics, which have a lot of varied textures in the imagery. Those kinds of pics mask the smudge very well. Also, depending on the zoom length and the degree of Sunlight, the smudge can almost disappear. In other cases it becomes a hard, dark shape. Anyhow, I can apparently keep using my cam for the time being, though I am still gonna get a new one fairly soon. But I am glad I will still be able to use my original one for certain pics. It's funny, because I am not a very materialistic person, and yet certain things can acquire a great sentimental value for me, like my five year old little point and shoot, just because it has been with me from the beginning on all my hiking adventures, and has been the source of every photo I've taken since 2012. So I am just glad I won't have to discard it.  :)

That's all the news for today. No movie tonight, but one episode of "The Loner" and one of "One Step Beyond", a half hour each. And I started a new drawing. I've gotta get some fixative spray for pencil and pastel drawings so that I can stack some of 'em without smudging........there's that word again, haha. But I've had to lay out all my drawings separately thus far, laying them flat or standing them up mounted all over The Tiny Apartment, which is becoming difficult as I continue to draw, due to lack of space. Because my skull is thick, as previously noted, I only discovered a spray (made by Krylon) in recent days. But now I must buy some, so I can seal my drawings up.....so I can stack 'em and they won't smudge.  :)

Have fun in Colorado if you are still there!

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment