Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Rocky Mountain High + Red Gown + East Canyon

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Ahh, now I understand what you meant by your post a couple days ago of the guy with his head sticking out the car window : "road trip". :)

Sometimes I don't understand the message the way it is intended, lol, because I don't always know if the text is the message or the picture is the message. And on top of that, I've got a thick skull.  :)

But yeah......"road trip" it is. Did you drive all the way to Colorado? I guess maybe it isn't all that far from Wisconsin. Well, anyway, I hope you are having a blast. Your photo was once again awesome and you caught yourself in a very dramatic pose - almost balletic - shoulders back, arms straight down, head turned. And there must have been a breeze, which worked in your favor too because the Red Gown is blowing out in front of you, creating a nice sloping angle which works well in the composition.

The Red Gown Gets Around!  :)

That is such a great setting with the snowy peaks in the background. You must be up around 10,000 feet to sustain snow in June. Still, a warm day for a Wisconsinite as you say.  :)

I had a nice day, and was able to get out to Rice Canyon in Santa Clarita. I am gonna try super hard, through Extreme Time Management, to create space for hikes this Summer, because I've been missing my parks and trails. This time, the trail at Rice became somewhat eroded and a little too narrow for my liking at about 3/4 of a mile in. It was passable (sort of), but there was enough of a drop off (ten feet or so) to twist an ankle if I slipped, so I figured "why mess with it" and I backtracked. And I was glad I did, because I rediscovered East Canyon. East Canyon and Rice Canyon split off from the main entrance trail, and I've almost always taken the Rice trail because it's so peaceful and picturesque. It's like being in a Tolken world, just like Aliso Canyon. But this time, because of the trail erosion (likely due to the storms of Winter) I went back to East Canyon and re-discovered that it, too, is magical. East is a bit more rugged and out in the Sun. It doesn't have any alcoves like Rice does. It is more like being on a mountain climb, but because it is in the Sun, there were a lot of wildflowers, and I got a good photo of some of the purple ones.

I also saw my first snake in 3+ years of hiking.

He was only a little foot-and-a-half garter snake (thank goodness) but I doggone near stepped on him after I left the purple flowers. I was just looking around at the scenery and noticed motion out of the corner of my eye, and I kind of hopped over the guy as my foot was about to come down on him. He likewise moved quickly and slithered away into the grass. I was surprised to see just how fast a snake can move, and I was once again glad he was a harmless garter.

So that was my hike, and it was wonderful to be back at one of my favorite trails again, and to rediscover East Canyon. I must reiterate that each trail and each place has it's own specific vibe. You can just feel how each one is different and it's like the birds know, too, and the lizards, and even the shadows......each place knows it's own vibe, and it shares it with you, especially when you are in there by yourself.

When I got back to Pearl's I took her and The Doberman straight to Lake Balboa. I want to keep everybody active and enjoying the places we like to go, and the stimulus of all the people and doggies at the lake is good for The Crew, too.

Other than that, I am reading my new book by Michael Salla : "Insiders Reveal Secret Space Programs & Extraterrestrial Alliances". It is a good read, though some of the info I am already familiar with.

No movie tonight, but I watched Episode One of the classic 1967 series "The Prisoner", starring Patrick McGoohan. I have the whole series on dvd and have watched it a few times, every couple years. It's only 17 episodes, so I will watch it here and there through the Summer, when I am not watching "Rawhide" or "The Outer Limits", haha.

Enjoy your time in Colorado! I don't know if you went there strictly for "art's sake" - and for fun - or if you are also working on a project, but whatever the case, have a blast. Post more pix when you've got 'em.  :)

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment