Saturday, June 3, 2017

God Bless All Dogs + Echogram + "The Loner" (western TV series)

Happy Late Friday Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice day and that everything is going well. I haven't seen you on FB much since you got back from Porcupine State Park, but I imagine you are probably working on one thing or another. I did see a post today about a doggie. I think he had passed away (not sure), but the post said he was 14 years old. He is a beautiful dog, pictured in the snow. Maybe you knew him? If so, I am sorry (or even if you did not know him; either way). We are so blessed here at Pearl's to have The Kobester still with us at 17 and a half. He is kind of a miracle, and even though he sleeps a lot now and is not very ambulatory, he still seems like he might be with us for a while. Every day with him is precious.....

I love the guy, and seeing the beautiful dog in your post (and reading the owners' words) made me think of all the places I've gone with Kobi, especially back in 2014 when I was discovering all my hiking spots for the first time. Often, I would bring him along, to places like Vasquez Rocks and San Francisquito Canyon, Corriganville and Santa Susana, and even though he couldn't go far, it was still so special just to have him along for the ride. There is something very calming and inspiring about the presence of a dog riding next to you, in a car. It's like you can go anywhere and do anything......  :)

So God Bless All Doggies, and All Dogs Are Good Dogs.

Today I took Pearl to an imaging center to get an echocardiogram. I am not a big fan of doctors ordering such tests for a lady in her 90s, but I am merely the caregiver. I believe, at a certain point, just let a person live their life, you know? But anyway, Pearl was able to get situated for the test, which took about 45 minutes, and from what I could see, her heart looks pretty good.

So that was the main activity for the day. No movie tonight, but I finished my RFK book and I watched the first episode of a new Western series I just got in the mail from Amazon. It is called "The Loner" (1965), so the series itself is not new, just the dvd release, and I bought it because I love Westerns, and this one was created by Rod Serling of "Twilight Zone" fame. I had not known about this show, and it was cancelled after only one season, but the IMDB reviews were good and the price for the whole series was only 15 bucks, so I bought it. It stars Lloyd Bridges (Jeff's Dad) and the first episode tonight was excellent. With Rod, you always get top notch writing.

Well, that's all I know for today. I hope to see you on FB. I saw one other post this evening that said "don't let anyone slow you down". It was a picture of your friend with his head out of a car window. I don't know if that had any significance or not........but I hope everything is going okay.  :)

I am thinking about you and will see you in the morning.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment