Saturday, June 24, 2017

"The Prisoner Of Zenda"

I guess for the time being I will just write the blog as if I am writing to myself, because I do wanna keep the blog going. But, SB, you basically don't post on FB anymore, or even when you do, there are always long stretches when you don't. I know you are busy, and I'm not mad at you or being critical. It's just that I really have no idea - and I am trying to be honest here - if you want to communicate with me anymore. I still support you even if you don't, because I am a fan of everything you do, but it's just become very difficult to keep asking you if you want to communicate, and then getting no response.

I mean, I suppose you could be posting and I am just not seeing the posts because of the stupid FB logarithms, I dunno. All I know is that (as I've said before), I've got you set first in every possible FB setting of posts that should come up first on my newsfeed, and I still see nothing, and more often than not lately I see nothing in "posts You like" either.

I know you have strong privacy settings, but my point is that I just wanna know where I stand. But I am just gonna go, for tonight anyway, and then on a day by day basis, on the assumption that you do not place a high priority on communicating with me, and so I will just write the blog to myself, and then on days when you post, if it looks like it has something to do with me, I will respond.

In a relationship, even one that exists online, a person has to want to communicate. And even the busiest person - if they want to communicate with another person - can find time to do so. I am beyond busy in my life, but I make time for things that are important to me (like writing to you).

Well, anyhow, I had a nice hike today at O'Melveny, and then tonight I watched a great movie called "The Prisoner Of Zenda" from 1937, starring Ronald Coleman, the great Douglas Fairbanks Jr. and Madeleine Carroll. If anybody ever wanted to know what was so great about the Golden Age Of Hollywood, I would point 'em straight to this movie. I am too tired to describe the plot, and my enthusiasm for writing is not at a peak tonight, which would overcome the Tiredness Factor otherwise. But it's a great, great movie - 5 Stars - and it shows that Hollywood, in it's early days, was a Magic Factory indeed.

I will keep looking for you on FB. Hope all is well.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment