Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Happy Monday + Hawk

Happy Late Night, Elizabeth,

I'm just checking in to say hi. Haven't seen you on FB much, as previously noted. I did see one post today about your friend Joel's birthday, which was more of a business oriented post than a birthday post, but anyway............I'm just trying to make conversation. No worries if you are too busy.

It was cool to see that Hawk in Aliso Canyon today. I see the Red Tails quite frequently on my hikes, but always way up in the air, circling around and riding the drafts. This particular guy flew just overhead suddenly and landed in a tree. He might have been looking for his dinner, or just taking a break from flying. In the area where I spotted him, the canyon and creek are enclosed by a wide canopy of spreading trees (oaks mostly), so it's like an "indoors" version of the outdoors. That was mostly why it was unusual to see the Hawk, because he was inside this shadowy canopy instead of out in the sun and blue sky, where you would usually see him and other Red Tails. I'm glad he sat still long enough for me to get a few pics!

That's really all the news for the day. It is heating up out here, 97 today and gonna get up over 100 for the next few days. Me : "Yippie"!

See you tomorrow.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment