Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Happy Monday + Limekiln Coyote + Only Sports + Goodboyism

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I'm writing from home once again, hence the slightly later hour. I hope you had a nice day, and I imagine you are working on one project or another, something very creative for certain.  :)

I had a good day myself. Slept in til 11:30, lol. But it felt great because I don't usually get 8 hours sleep. I took my time getting going, too, just because I could. Straightened up The Pad a bit, got it Nice & Neat. Then at 3:30 I headed up to Limekiln for a nice hike. It's actually more of a walk, like it's sister canyon Aliso, although Limekiln has some steep parts. I saw a coyote while I was there! It was beyond cool, because he was down below the trail by the creek, and he didn't see me, so I got to watch him walk all down the canyon till I couldn't see him anymore. At Limekiln, there are parts of the trail that are way above the creek, 40 or 50 feet. He was moving too fast to get a picture, and was in and out of the underbrush, but just to see him in his natural habitat was so cool. Man, those coyotes are all so skinny! When I first saw him, I thought, "wow, a fox"!.....but then I thought, "wait a minute, we don't have foxes here". But anyway - another coyote sighting! One day I will get lucky and get a photo.

That was the main event of the day, though I also did a CSUN walk this eve, during which I took the pic of the music building that I posted on FB. I liked it cause I got some nice positioning of lights, and the contrast between that and the black sections made for a decent composition.

In the earlier evening, I watched part of game 5 of the NBA Finals, just because.......well, you know.

I don't care about Golden State, just wanted to make sure they weren't gonna choke and hand the championship over to You Know Who once again. But they didn't, and so all is well even though it's only sports.

Do you know why sports are "only sports"? It's because once the game is over - or at least by the next day - you aren't sweating it anymore. At least when you are an adult. As a kid, if UCLA didn't win a basketball game it would bother me for a long time, and I cried in the car on the way home in November 1969 when they lost to USC in the annual football game. When I was a kid, a sports loss by my team would affect me for at least a week or two. But when I got to be an adult, any bad feeling was over by the next morning. So it's really weird, to get Totally Worked Up while a game is in progress, which I still do and I suppose I always will, unless it's two teams I don't care about, but then to lose all emotional interest by the next day. I suppose that's the adult realisation that it's "only sports".

Although I'd still prefer it if LeBron, Tom Brady, Serena and the Yankees never won any more championships.

I also watched a great episode of "Rawhide". Now "Rawhide" will stay with you, even past the next morning.....   :)

Read my books, too, of course. I could not go a day without reading any more than without breathing.

I really liked your post, via your friend Aaron, about his doggie, who was pictured in a big field. His comment was a wonderful tribute to his dog, and of course it made me think of Kobi, who I am crazy about. He isn't even my dog, but I have been with him every day for over seven years now, and he means so much to me. He has a Ph.D in Goodboyism. I don't know if I've mentioned that before, but it's true.

Nowdays, I have to pick Kobi up a lot, to take him outside to go pee, or to put him in his bed at night, because he can't walk so great anymore and he can't see too well. But he is always so noble and he has such a calm, Good Guy demeanor. There is something so steadying about him. When he is riding next to me in the car, sitting in the passenger seat, I feel like I could go anywhere in the world. That is the influence of a Good Dog. Anyone who has one knows what I mean, and I believe all dogs are good dogs.

I have said to Pearl, sometimes when I am holding Kobi, "it's a man/dog love affair".

And it's true. So I really could relate to Aaron's picture and comments.  :)

That's all I know for tonight, SB. I Love You.

See you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment