Saturday, November 5, 2016

Arizona + Steven Wilson + Take Pics As You Travel

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

Late depending on time zone. So, you are heading back to Sedona? That is awesome! I don't know if you are flying or driving (I would guess the latter), and if so it's gotta be a minimum 2-day trip. I just Google Mapped it, and it's 1600 miles. Maybe a three day trip. If you took the I-40 (as per Google), you might have stopped in Kansas City, and then tomorrow in Oklahoma or New Mexico. All just guesses of course.

I think it's great that you are getting to go back, and the Sedona desert should be absolutely gorgeous in the November light. It will make for some dramatic photographs!

Here in the Valley we are still doing Summer. I had to wear a sweatshirt for one night, I think it was November 1st, but other than that it's been 80+ degrees and t-shirts and mild nights, so it might be nice in AZ, too (although since it's a desert environment it could be cold, too).

Today for me was just a regular day, though tomorrow night I will be going to see Steven Wilson at The Belasco in Downtown L.A. It's another general admission show in a sardine can venue (same one where I saw Opeth), so my legs and feet won't thank me, but it should be a mild-mannered audience and maybe I can squeeze my way up close. This past few months has been a remarkable run of shows, and after Wilson I will be down to the last one : Anderson Rabin & Wakeman on 11/22. But it should be noted that in all my decades of conertgoing, there have been very few runs like this one. And I got my Alcest ticket this morning, so that will be my first concert of 2017.  :)  I'll bet you got your ticket to Reggie's, too.

Well, that's all I know for tonight. I don't know if you can post while you are on the road or in AZ, but if you can and if you wanna, please do. I would love to see what you are working on. Take pics on the road, too! Remember that's it's a form of journalism, just to "capture the moment" (and capture your travels in America), and so take some pics as you go......

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment