Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Halloween + Cave Of Munits + Pumpkins + Alcest + Halloween Rules :):)

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

Happy Halloween, too! I hope you had a fun day. Mine was pretty busy. In addition to shopping and running other errands, I managed to squeeze in a hike from 3-4pm out at El Escorpion Park, where I went out to the Cave Of Munits as planned. There was nobody in the park but me. I didn't go inside the Cave because as I've said before it's kind of a precarious entry to the inside and not something I'd wanna do without a hiking partner, but since I don't have one of those, I like to just walk up to the front of the cave and simply feel the vibe. There is a silence there that leaves you with only the visual : you look at The Cave and The Cave looks at you, much like the proverbial abyss. But because of the way it is situated, far from any streets and in a semi-enclosed part of the canyon, it really is silent. And so, since you don't hear anything, you simply see it (which is impressive), and feel it. And it's pretty awesome.

When I got back to Pearl's I carved two pumpkins, which is a tradition with me. Pumpkin carving is one of the things that Halloween is all about, and I've always loved doing it. In the past I've always tried to make 'em as scary as possible, but this time I did one scary one and one scared one, just to give the other point of view, haha. I got the idea seeing other pumpkins around that had big round eyes instead of sharp slanted ones, and I added a couple of downswept eyebrows, for that worried look.

"Man, I am one spooked Jack-O-Lantern. And it's all your fault for putting me next to this scary lookin' guy". That was the idea behind One Spooked, One Scary. And they came out pretty good!

We got a fair amount of Trick-Or-Treaters, though not as many as the last couple years. I chalked it up to a Monday night, a weird night for Halloween. We still had fun, though, with Christopher Lee movies on TCM, the Kobedog wearing his pumpkin vest and bow-tie collar, and The Black Kitty hangin' out by the gate, the perfect Halloween Host.

I stayed here at Pearl's til 8:45, then headed back home for my usual Halloween walk to check out all the cool houses in my 'hood.

And of course I watched "The Great Pumpkin". You knew I would..... :)

Alice Cooper was on the Jimmy Kimmel show when I got back to Pearl's, a perfect way to cap off the night.

And I'm sure you are as excited as I am to hear the news this morning of the coming Alcest tour! Your show at Reggie's in Chicago will be a couple weeks before mine here at The Roxy, which I think has been the pattern the last couple tours, with you seeing them first. It'll probably be the first rock concert of 2017 for me (and maybe for you too), a great way to start the year. :):)

That's all I know for tonight, SB. Another great Halloween in the books, and we can't wait for the next one!

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment