Wednesday, November 16, 2016

She Is Right About The Sunsets + L.A. Is Cool + "Ida" (tonight's movie)

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I wasn't planning on writing tonight, just because I didn't see you on FB today, and Tuesdays are usually for me just basic workdays, nothing special to write about. But just now I did see a post by you. Maybe you just made it, or maybe earlier this eve. I can never tell with the doggone FB logarithm, which tends to post the same "likes" over and over for weeks at a time, though usually new ones also get posted into the mix.

Anyhow, the post was for your friend Katie and it says "nothing like a West Coast sunset". Well, I've never seen sunsets from any other perspective, but our's are pretty good I must say. So does she live out here, or does she just travel a lot? It would be great if she (and you) got to shoot a film out here.  :)

You might like Los Angeles. Some love it, some hate it, but one thing is for sure, it's quite an experience.

Except for me, and others like me who have lived here our whole lives. To us, it's just home, and no big deal except for the traffic.

It's a cool place, and I hope you get the chance to see it one day.

I will start posting my nightly songs again and getting back on track.

I got thrown for a loop by.........you know.

But that situation is gonna come undone. I actually can't wait for the Trump Era to get started so it can fall apart, which is guaranteed to happen. America is not a joke, and it cannot be allowed to become a joke, especially an unfunny, hateful joke. It is just important, SB - very very important in fact - for young people of your generation to understand exactly why this guy is so rotten, and why the Office of The Presidency must never be sullied by such a person. The United States Of America has it's faults for certain, but it is the country that holds the world together. That's why we can't have a Trump running the show.

Man, that was a great concert last night, though.

Chris Cornell, I think, is one of the greatest singers ever.

We are still doing 80 degrees out here, one of the longest Indian Summers I can remember. I was able to do my walk tonight in a T-Shirt...........but just barely. The nights are getting chillier. Remember : in Los Angeles, anything below 60 is downright cold, and anything below 50 is........L.A. Cold.

And man, that's freezing. But we haven't gotten to that point yet, thank goodness.

Tonight I watched a film from Poland that I found at Northridge Libe. It is called "Ida", and it is the story of a young Nun in 1962 who is about to take her vows, but just before she does, she is told about an aunt of hers. The Nun was an orphan who was raised in the Convent, and has only just now found out about her aunt. So she goes to meet the aunt, who tells her she is Jewish, and her parents were victims of the Holocaust.

It's not a Holocaust movie per se because it's very sparse in plot and in the number of actors in the film. It's more of a human drama, and it was very good, though not quite great because it is rather thinly written. The characters don't have a lot of depth. However, the style of the film is quite interesting, and the black and white photography is exceptional.

That was about all the major news for today.

I hope your day was good, and I'm glad you posted cause I love writing to you.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment