Monday, November 7, 2016

Sunday Stuff, i.e. Arizona, John Rutter, Trump Is Toast, Beatles

Happy Late Sunday Night, my Darling,

I hope things are going well in Arizona. It will be great to see how the film turns out when it's all done. Will you still be there on Tuesday for the election? If so then you probably voted early back home. It is looking like Arizona might go Blue, i.e. democratic, this time around, which would be astounding but also amazing. Trump is gonna lose big time, and it's now less than 48 hours away (hooray!).

Today was busy for me : a ton of singing in church, we are rehearsing all our Christmas songs including John Rutter's "Christmas Lullaby", a famous modern choral piece that was one of the first things I ever sang when I joined the choir in November 2014, but back then I barely knew what I was doing. Then last year we sang it again, and I did good on the tenor verses but barely hung in there on the "Ave Maria"s.

But this year I am gonna nail it. I can read music better and memorise parts better, and I am already practicing the very high "Ave Maria"s in the car, where no one can hear my mistakes except me, haha. But this time I am gonna nail it down and ace the song.

The other songs are much easier - nine in all for the coming weeks - but now that we have begun singing high level stuff I am really enjoying it.  :)

After choir practice I drove to Burbank to take my sister Sophie shopping. Then this evening at 6:45 I went over to Our Lady Of Lourdes (across the street from my apt) to watch Ticket To Ride for about 40 minutes. They are the local Beatles tribute band as mentioned at least a dozen times, and they play at the church carnival every Fall. After that I met my friend David F. and his daughter nearby and we went for a CSUN walk down to the Orange Grove duck pond and back.

Later on, I watched "The Walking Dead", and here I am now! Not walking, but not dead either!

Just tired.........

Still thinking about that concert last night, and the powerful emotion it generated.

See you in the morning. I Love You.

Continued best wishes in AZ on your film.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment