Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Happy Tuesday Love

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope your day was good. I went on my first hike since the election, to Aliso Canyon, and it felt great to be back in one of my favorite places. You inspired me with your photo yesterday, and then I inspired myself too by writing about it. :)

I am a Cold Wimp (big time), and I do not adjust quickly to what passes for inclement weather out here, but I also do not let it stop me. This afternoon wasn't too bad, actually, except for the wind. I had to chuckle a little bit because I was remembering your picture, and in it you are wearing shorts and a short sleeve top. The pic was taken just a couple days ago, and perhaps the weather was mild, but - and this is why I must chuckle at myself - mild, for you guys, is "put on a sweatshirt and maybe a jacket, too" for us.

Today actually wasn't bad - although I did wear a sweatshirt! - and my hike was great, even though the trail was entirely in shade and unsuitable for photography. The quality of light is also very flat at this time of year, with the exception of a brief period in the early afternoon when there is an orange and amber quality, but down in Aliso, it gets dark by 3pm. So, no pics, but an excellent hike. I will keep going on as many as possible, just so long as it's not too cold (remember that my preference is the other extreme : 100+ degrees), but the best thing about winter out here is that - even as wimpy as it is compared to what you guys experience - it's pretty much over by February 1st. And then I will resume my climbs up to the top of Mission Point and other favorites.

I saw one of your posts about a huge rock festival in Ohio next year. Metallica, Soundgarden and a ton of other bands. Are you gonna go? I know that's pretty far away, probably quite a bit farther than you would usually travel for a show. But maybe if you have a band of yours on the schedule, you will be going? Just a guess on my part, but I am sure you will have many shows and festivals lined up regardless.

For me the next concert will be Eric Johnson in January, which I probably already mentioned. It will be an acoustic show, with EJ playing only acoustic guitar and piano. And then Alcest will be next, in February.

That's all I know for tonight.

See you in the morning. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment