Thursday, November 17, 2016

Beautiful Photo + Windy City + A Movie And A Book + Artist

Happy Late Night, my Darling,

I hope you had a nice day and a good hike this morning. :) That was a beautiful photograph you posted, just a lovely scene with the tree - which looks like a Christmas tree - standing with most of it's leaves intact amidst other bare trees. The color of the leaves stands out against the blue sky and white snow on the ground. It's a gorgeous scene, and what a great place to go for a hike! I am guessing it must have been cold before the weather warmed up enough for you to go jacketless as you reported, because of the snow. Cold enough to snow, then warmer. In fact, I am gonna check Weather.com right now........back in a sec.

Okay, I just checked the weather for your town : 51 degrees right now. That's warmer than we are! (more on that in a minute). And tomorrow you are gonna have a nice 70 degree day. Friday will be 65, but then it drops down to 41 by Saturday. But still, you have a couple of jacketless days left.

It's funny that just yesterday I was talking about still wearing t-shirts on my nightly walks, and I think I must have jinxed myself because tonight it was a whole different story. The day was nice here, mid 70s, but then by nightfall it got chilly, and then the wind started kicking up. Big time Santa Anas, which we get at this time of year. I should note here that of all adverse weather conditions, I dislike wind the most. A breeze is lovely, but Santa Ana winds are anything but, and by the time I went for my walk at 8:30, it was in-your-find face "gale force" wind (which means not technically gale force, but I say so anyway because it was still ultra strong and I hate it). So we'll call it Gale Force (and it's probably not too far off, lol) and it was also really cold by then, probably mid-40s with wind chill factor. So it was colder here than at your place!

My goodness, SB. It wasn't the dreaded L.A. Cold, not yet........but it was doggone chilly, so I finally had to put on a sweatshirt. I probably should have worn a jacket too. Two big thumbs down on the wind.

Tonight's movie was another one from Finnish director Aki Kaurismaki, who made "The Match Factory Girl" which we saw at CSUN a couple weeks ago. I mentioned that I had found another of his films in the library system, and tonight I watched it : "The Man Without A Past". It was about a man who suffers total amnesia after getting robbed and beaten by thugs, only it's a comedy, done in a quiet, deadpan style, similar to the style in "Match Factory Girl", and that actress stars in this one, too. In fact, she won an award at Cannes in 2003 for her performance. It's a very funny movie, but as low key as is possible. Maybe it's a "Finnish thing", I dunno. But I like this director and I will be looking for more of his films.

Nothing else to report today, except that I finished (or should I say "Finnished"?) "The Black Carousel" by Charles L. Grant, and I must say that it was one of the weirdest and most unnerving horror novels I've ever read. Entirely different from Stephen King. Grant wrote in a poetic, stream-of consciousness style in which the plot is kind of left up to the reader to connect the dots.......but as far as just pure writing, sentence after sentence to create a mood and a world, Grant was a s good at it gets. He died a while back, but I will be looking for more of his books.......

I have gotta say, Elizabeth, that I am so happy that you are doing what you do. You were born to be an Artist, as I have been saying for many years now. I said it right off the bat, because I could see the real You. I know that could sound pretentious.......if it was anybody but me saying it.......but I really could see, and when I think about it now, and the way things have worked out, it just makes me so happy that you are living that reality, or Living The Dream, as they say. But for you, it is reality, and you are gonna live your life that way from here on out.

As you know, the money is important in a business sense, to maintain stability and forward motion. And I trust you are doing okay in that respect, and more will come in the future. Count on it!

But even more important is what I will call the self-influencing or self-fulfilling mindset, which you put forth into the world and with which you declare yourself, with quiet confidence, to be who you are.

Thought and feeling is everything.

It is Everything. Thinking thoughts to God, about who you are. You know who you are.

You know what you like to do, and so you make it your profession, even though "profession" is an inadequate word to describe the life of an Artist. The Artist lives much of the time in thought.

The money earned is a function, and an important one to be sure.

But the thought process, the contemplation is all-encompassing and constant.

It is what drives the confidence forward.

When you are In The Mindset, nothing can stop you because You Are Being Who You Are.

Everything follows from that.

You are your Mindset as an Artist.

You Rule, and I am super happy.

I Love Lou.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment