Sunday, November 13, 2016

Thoughts On The Protests

Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby,

I hope your day was good. I saw a post by you, via James, that said he was gonna be filming something tonight, so maybe it's you who is doing the filming! I am betting Yes on that one. And if I am correct, then congrats again. It must be nice to be back home, and to see friends and family. Both parts are nice, and that's what is great about taking a trip - the trip itself, the adventure, and then the return to the comforts and familiarity of home. So I hope all is well and that work continues to come in, and that you happy with how things have worked out professionally thus far. From what I can see, it looks like things are going great.

I haven't done much but observe since the election, and I must say I'm amazed at the amount of protests in so many cities, and also the size of the protests. Right off the bat I must add that I denounce any and all acts of violence and destruction, and I hope those folks get arrested because it's not only against the law what they're doing, but more importantly it's wrong. I just wanted to emphasize that.

But as for the protests themselves, I'm all for them. We had 100,000 people marching today in Los Angeles, and there were thousands of others in many cities. Trump is toast, and this sentiment is in the national consciousness now. He might well become President - even though Hillary is almost a million ahead in the popular vote (yay!) - but his administration may never get off the ground. We are in uncharted waters now, with these protests. It feels like the 1960s, with the mass protests against the Vietnam war, which I saw as a kid. There was massive unrest then; off the charts. In the 1960s, horrible things were happening, truly horrendous. They killed two Kennedy brothers, one of whom was the President, the other who would have become President. I was eight years old when Bobby was killed. They killed Martin Luther King just a few weeks - just a few weeks! - before they killed Bobby Kennedy.

And these men who were killed - murdered, assassinated - were all Democrats, men of peace. Republicans? They don't seem to suffer such fates, and I do not wish them to. God forbid. But they have pushed their hate and fear mongering agenda for so long, and they aim it at the mass amount of dumbells who don't have the capacity for critical thinking, and so here we are almost 50 years later still fighting the same battles.

Republican powermongers count on uneducated people to keep them in power so that their industries - oil mainly, and the military-industrial complex - will also dominate. They don't care about pollution, protecting the planet.

And what's worst of all, they know that all they have to do is trot out an arrogant, macho loudmouth (white of course) who can talk the Stupid People's language, and then they can win the White House.

That's their formula for keeping America from moving forward.

We give them guys like John F. Kennedy, Bill & Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama.......and they give us George W. Bush and Donald Trump. Let's do an IQ comparison on those two sets, what do you say?  :)

Well anyhow, SB, I am exhausted. It's been one of the toughest weeks of my life, and it came as such an unbelievable shock. Here I was going to all those incredible concerts, enjoying Halloween......

And then I got the stuffing knocked out of me. We all did, and it feels like a scam, "fair and square" election or not.

Here's hoping the protests will continue to grow.

Tomorrow morning is church and choir. We are singing a spiritual called "Amen, So Be It".

I think I'm gonna ask if we can change the title of that one, haha.

So Be It? I think not!

But it's a great song anyway. I've sung it before and I love singing it.

See you in the morning and then at 1pm as usual.

I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment