Monday, June 17, 2013

Early Evening Love (more added)

I love you so much, Elizabeth, and I wanted to tell you that right away. Right when I got home I saw your first post, and then just now I saw your second one. Let me tell you something, my love - that is going to be us, very soon. We will be together and smiling, and so much in love. Enjoy these days, and these moments, and the sense of anticipation, because that's part of it, too. It's all part of our destiny, our Miracle. I wanted to say that right this second, and I will be back later with more after I finish my walk.  <3:):)<3

9:30pm : I am looking at Amazon for more movies. I want to find something in the same vein as "Beehive", but the problem is the same with music. The more you see or listen to, the more you have to search to find something new. What kind of movies do you like? I started out liking war movies as a kid, Clint Eastwood movies, all kinds of horror movies, action movies, disaster movies. Then when I was about 17 my friends and I began to go to see art house movies, and my perspective opened up a little bit. Later on, when dvds first came out, I started to watch all kinds of stuff, even musicals. One of my favorite movies of all time is "Meet Me In St. Louis" with Judy Garland, who is also one of my favorite actresses and singers (all-around performer would best describe her). So dvds opened me up to the whole world of film, because then you could see all these films from the past that had been restored, and it was a treasure trove. Another genre I love is film noir from the 1940s & 50s. But right now I am looking for some of the more offbeat Criterion stuff. It would be a blast to watch movies with you. I am also especially enjoying foreign films lately, but whatever you like we can watch (so long as it doesn't have Adam Sandler, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Danny DeVito, haha). "Beehive" had an incredible performance by the lead child actress, and it made me think of another amazing performance by a child in a similar vein. I had to look it up because I couldn't remember the title, and it is called "Ponette". My Mom and I saw it about 10 years ago. It is a French film about a little girl who withdraws to an inner world after her mother dies, and in that respect it is similar to the withdrawn child in "Beehive", except in "Ponette" I believe the little girl who played the role was only about 3 or 4 years old. How she was able to take direction I don't know, but it was an exceptional performance and a great movie, despite the depressing sounding subject matter.
But I like all kinds of stuff, and if I had to list my favorite directors, off hand I'd say (in no particular order) Antonioni, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Lynch, Miyazaki, Spielberg, F.W.Murnau, Marcel Carne, Carl Theodor Dreyer, Robert Bresson, Fritz Lang and Kieslowski. But there are so many more. Anyhow, I like to mention a few films, just for the heck of it. Tonight I am thinking of ordering a dvd of a French serial called "Les Vampires". In the silent film era and the early days of sound pictures, they used to make "serials", which were short, episodic movies maybe 30-40 minutes long, that they would show on a bill with a feature length film. The idea with a serial was to get the audience to return each week to see the next episode. Movies were a dime back then, but they still made a fortune. And in that era, crime films were all the rage. In Europe, they took that premise of the Criminal Mastermind to existential limits in films like "The Testament Of Dr, Mabuse" by Fritz Lang. In the German Expressionist style, it was really a portrayal of the philosophy of anarchy, which was brought on by the collapse of the Weimar Republic. If you ever wanna check out an artistic culture, look into Weimar Germany in the 1920s. But it collapsed because of the coming of World War 2, and films like "Mabuse" predicted the chaos, which arrived in the form of Hitler.
So, I think "Les Vampires" looks like it's in the same vein, so maybe I will order it.

The history of film is an amazing thing, and I don't know how into movies you are, but because you are a photographer (among other talents! :) ), I mention these different types of films as a general subject at least for their value in imagery.

But boy would I love to watch movies with you!  :):) << That's us on the couch, watching a movie.......

.......and snuggling.

Well, that's all for tonight. The birds sure were chirping this morn on Hatton Street. I knew it was gonna be a beautiful day.

I Love You, my Angel, and I can't wait until your arms are around me (and vice versa), just like in the picture you posted. We are thinking about it, and in doing so, we are making it happen.

A hug and goodnight kiss from me, and Sweet Dreams too. I will see you in the morning. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment