Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Where Should We Go? (more added)

Hey my Baby,

I am having fun with GeoGuessr, too! Thanks for posting it. :) My best score was my first one, 9049 points. I don't know if that's any good, but all my scores since have been in the 7-8000 range, so it was good for me. I do pretty well when there is some architecture to reference, or a road sign. If it's in Cyrillic, that always narrows it down. But when it's an open road running through green mountains, it's hard to tell if it's Australia or Hawaii, or somewhere in Canada or the Pacific Northwest. But yeah, it is an addictive site!

So, where should we go? If you were gonna pick a city, or just a place, anywhere in the world, where would it be? I have never really traveled, so I always pick one of the major European cities like Paris (of course), or Rome or London. But I would also love to see a place like St. Petersburg (L'Hermitage), or Prague, which is supposed to be very "old world" beautiful. I would also love to see the Egyptian Pyramids, because I am fascinated by ancient civilizations. It would be a tough decision! Which place would you pick? Name it and we'll go! We can also do fun and easy trips, like to the Grand Canyon or Hawaii, Las Vegas too. But choose a dream trip, too. I am gonna write more, but I am gonna finish my walk first. June evenings are just perfect, so you are coming with me. Ready? Let's go!

(we'll both be back in a little while. We are doing everything together these days...... :):)....)

10:30pm : Thinking about travel has me thinking of romantic movies that take place in other cities/countries. Some of my favorites are "Il Postino", "The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg" - which you have to see, because all the dialogue is sung, in French! It is a really unique film with great art direction & color schemes. Thinking of it, though, reminds me that so many great love stories in movies have tragic elements, and that is true in both "Postino" and "Cherbourg". "Wuthering Heights" is one of the all timers in both categories; love and tragedy. Same with "Love Story". I am always searching for love songs, movie music, etc. with no tragic elements, lol.
"Dr. Zhivago" is a classic, "Sayonara" with Marlon Brando. But all of these involve some form of departure. I guess the movie executives figure that tearjerkers make the couple watching feel relieved and even more in love, and it works! I don't mind admitting that I like cinematic love stories. A lot of guys will never admit that, that's why they call 'em "chick flicks". But I love 'em!

Well, my Love, I am just going to keep saving my money, so that we have a nice little nest egg to work with. If you remember the things we talked about early this year, maybe in my February/March blogs, that money is really the only "practical matter" in a marriage, when two people basically see eye to eye to begin with. We have all the compatibility, and none of the issues many couples have (psychological & "practical"), and so as long as we have the money, we can live life the way we want to. My goodness, I know so many couples where status is important (and becomes an issue), or materialism (having a need for bigger and better "stuff"). For us, it is all about intelligence & a responsible attitude toward paying the bills. That's how you avoid getting bogged down in life. Every couple I know who thought they had the world by the tail, in the corporate American sense of living that kind of "traditional" life in this day and age, wound up in trouble, and most split up. But we have a different view. We have foresight, intelligence, and responsibility, and, we have our priorities straight. This is Life! We know what it's about.  

And so, I will continue to save my money as we move forward. We will have a nice combination of launch pad/safety net. But one thing we will definitely do is take a nice trip. For real. The money will be available. So, think of where you might like to go, and we will go there. And we will go as soon as you want to, as soon as you can, as soon as you say so.
I Love You, Elizabeth!

Sweet Dreams, I will see you in the morning, and we will continue to prepare for the future! :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment