Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Afternoon Check-In (I Love You) (more added)

Hi, my Darling. I am home a little later in the afternoon than usual, because I was at Pearl's from 1 to 3:30pm waiting for a man to come install drapes. So, I am gonna go back to her place at 5 or so, and I wanted to check in as I have been. Of course it goes without saying that I've been worried, and wondering how you've been feeling, but now I see your post of the Snarky Face, so maybe that's just you acknowledging that I'm a dumb old opinionated Aries knucklehead caveman. If so, I agree. :)

I really do hope everything's okay. Truth be told, I've been worried sick, but I'm really glad to see your post. I Love You more than anything in the world, and I will be back after Pearl's. I always have the computer on over at her place, too. Back in a while, my Angel. I Love You So Much. :):)

9:30pm : Yeah, those iMacs were cute, all the colors they came in. Talk about retro, Pearl still has a rotary phone. When I was a kid, the first thing I learned to play records on was one of those plastic box record players with a lid. You opened it up, and there was the turntable and needle, and there was a tiny little speaker on the side. I love retro stuff myself - but mostly for collector purposes, and cause it usually looks cooler than new stuff. But nowdays, the turnover in technology is so fast that something is retro almost as soon as you get it out of the box. I bought a Sony mini-disc camcorder in 2006 for 600 bucks. I loved it, it was really easy to use, and you could pop the discs straight from your cam into your dvd player......but then the very next year began all the HD cams, and iPhones with movie cams, and every device suddenly had a movie camera in it, and my Sony was already obsolete. I think you can still get mini-discs, but I haven't seen 'em in stores like I used to. And, I have video capability on my little point-and-shoot Panasonic, but I haven't tried it yet. It's a trip with the technology. For so long it barely changed. I remember when transistor radios first came in, in the early 1960s. That was the first portable sound system, and they even had an earphone jack. The sound was pure tin, but you could listen to Top 40 at the beach, or wherever. Before transistor, everything had tubes. TVs, radios, all tubes, and you could take your tubes out of your TV and take 'em to a tube tester at the drug store to see if they were still good. With old tubes, they took forever to heat up and put the picture on the screen.

But other than transistors for radios and TV ( aka Solid State), that was it for technological developments until the microwave oven came along in the late 60s/early70s. Back then, they cost a fortune so only a few families had one. I remember before color TV, too. It was a big deal for me when "Batman" became one of the first TV shows to be broadcast in color. But I had to go to my friend's house to watch it because we didn't have a color set. I also remember when portable reel-to-reel tape decks were a big deal. You were really cool if you had one of those, and you could get a suction microphone to put on the back of your home phone so you and your friends could record prank phone calls. Those were, of course, a riot. Big fun when you were 8 years old! Then came portable cassette players with built in mics. Cassettes were the thing for about 15 years, and then came CDs in 1982, but they took a few years to catch on. I still love CDs and DVDs, and discs have lasted 30 years now. And vinyl has made a comeback, so there is a place for retro technology. New or well-cared for vinyl, on an awesome stereo system, sounds incredible because it breathes. One day, I want to get some old-school Pioneer or Marantz equipment, like a 200 watt amp and a nice turntable and speakers. That was how we always listened to music, before the digital age.

I am so glad that things are better today, and I hope I have it right that they are. I just misconstrued things and again I am sorry, but I suppose I've said enough about it. I will keep trying to do my best, and to always understand, because that is what is important. I always want you to know how grateful I am for you, and so I tell you now. I Love You, Elizabeth. Thank you for loving me, it is the greatest blessing I could ever know.

Sweet Dreams, my Angel. I will see you in the morning.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment