Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Love My Wife :):)

My Beautiful Elizabeth,
That was such a wonderful message you posted earlier this evening. There can be no greater blessing than sharing life with your soulmate, and from Day One, I think we both were aware that something very special was happening. You must have had a feeling about me in the same way I have described having a feeling about you, like an advance knowledge. Because it's been a direct route to this point, and even the temporary communication break last Fall seems like a small bump in the road now. Nothing was ever going to stop us! We are going to have a great marriage, too, because we will always support each other, talk to each other, listen to each other, be gentle with each other, be strong for each other, have fun with each other,  share interests with each other, and we will never put pressures on each other, or be thoughtless or unkind.

Too many people have all these preconceived notions of what a marriage is, or should be, and all too often those notions are related to pressures that one party places on another, or that the couple place on themselves. This will not be true for you and I. We have talked so much about life already, and it's mysteries, and the experience we have been sharing ever since we met, and for us, that is what our marriage will be about, sharing the experienced of life, bonded together in love.

Wed.

That's what I thing Being Wed is. Of course, everybody knows about the practical matters of marriage, but again, too many people in the modern era place a heavy burden on themselves by placing all or most of the emphasis on those matters. And in doing so, they forget about the experience of sharing life.

That's the gentle part of marriage, I think. The kindness in sharing, talking, listening.
The strength part is in the cooperation, trust and responsibility.
The fun part is in the continuing wonder, the discovery, the anticipation of experiences to come.

And when you add all those parts together, they don't add up to pressure but to love.
There are indeed couples who say the things the couple in your post said. That they are thankful, that they know they are blessed, that they are in it for life.

That is the way we will be. We will live life the way we have always talked about it: simply, but with great awareness of the magic. Simply put, we will enjoy our life together, because as we already know, there is so much to enjoy. You and I are fortunate, because we see beauty and magic in almost everything.

I will follow your lead in the days to come, as you finish school, etc. I will be with you and support you every day, and in every way, and in that respect it will be as if we are already married. In our minds and hearts, we are. But I will follow your lead also, until the time comes to make if official. And the same will hold true for starting a family. If you like children, if you want children, we will have children, when the time is right, and entirely without pressure. If you want to have it be just the two of us, then we will be our own family, the two of us for each other.

What we will always have, my Beloved Elizabeth, is a knowledge of what a blessing we have been given, and we will always know that, because it is a blessing - our destiny of having met and fallen in love - that it is only and ever a Good Thing. Our being together is only Good. I will always honor my vows, and when you think about it, those vows really are the foundation of a lifelong marriage. The Vows are the promises, and that is what Being Wed is all about, the Fulfilled Promise of The Blessing, the initial Blessing from God of having been brought together in the first place.

It is to our great advantage that we see Life as Art, and living as a continuing work of art, and it is to our advantage that we have talked so much about it, and found it of mutual interest. You and I are fascinated by life's myriad details, from the extravagant to the everyday. So we will have much to share as we go down life's path together, day by beautiful day.

I Love You So Much, my Darling Elizabeth. Because of you, I live a Miracle every day. 
I am sending you the biggest hug and kiss right now, and I will tuck you in and wish you Sweet Dreams. 
I am so happy! I will see you in the morning, My Love. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment