Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Thursday Afternoon (more added) (and more)

Hey my Baby,

Lots of driving around today, taking Kobi to Le Groomer (the actual name of the business), and Pearl to the hairdresser. Everybody is getting their hair done. I have been getting mine cut about every 9 or ten weeks, but this time I am gonna let it grow a while, and then, when I do have it cut, just get the ends cut. As long as I can keep it from getting too brittle I will keep growing it, and I am also gonna get some of those hair vitamins that are supposed to make your hair stronger. I have always had pretty good hair, but over the years it has gotten a bit drier, so I will see if I can remedy that.

So, I am about to head to Pearl's, and I will be back tonight. I hope you are having a great day. Things are heating up in The 'Ridge, upper 90s today (not bad), but heading for a week of 100+ temps. But that's why we love Summer. One reason, anyway.

I Love You!! :):)
(back later....)

9:10pm : Back from my walk. It's a warm one out there tonight! Big crowd over on the lawn at the Oviatt, watching an outdoor movie. I like seeing stuff like that, even if I don't go myself, because it's all part of the laid-back atmosphere of Summer, people having fun, warm nights, etc.
And, you bet I am going to Alcest! :) I think I know why you asked, though, and it's a beautiful thing. I am still embarrassed about last week (blushing). I am only human. I also see that your friend is a writer, and not just some dude. Anyway, to sum up: embarrassed, only human, but still me. I Love You, it was beautiful what you did tonight, that's what I think. :):)
I also love the picture you just posted, of the fields in Latvia. That is awesome. I am trying to get some very naturalistic looking night shots myself, and I just posted one at Flickr, in fact. It's not necessarily a pretty shot, but I am just going for anything that says "nighttime". Any subject matter at all. And I love black and white. Yeah, that's an awesome shot she took. Very reminiscent, in fact, of the type of cinematography I was talking about yesterday. Eastern Europe, the Baltic states and Russia have an awesome landscape, and I have seen some great films recently that depict it, like "Ivan's Childhood" and especially a film called "Letter Never Sent" which I think I mentioned a couple months ago. That's another one from Criterion that has all-time great B&W cinematography.

I will be back in a few minutes, but I wanted to post this now to tell you how awesome you are. :):)

10:25pm : Getting back to Alcest, hopefully they are considered co-headliners on this tour, even if they open for Anathema. They are listed side by side in the flyer. If it's a co-headline show, they will get at least an hour, which will be a 20 minute increase from 2011. Maybe even 75 minutes. Because they have many long songs that continue to develop over the course of the song, they need that extra time to set the mood of the show for full impact. At the Troubadour show, they were great, but they were just getting warmed up when their set was over. At that show, they were so new to American audiences that, as far as I could tell, they did a lot of their own set-up. When it ended, Neige and Zero were helping to carry off some of the gear. Then Neige went out the back door and was gone. But he had to be in Mexico City the next day. It will be cool to watch the crowd reaction this time, because Alcest have had a lot more exposure by now, and have been very successful in Europe. Also, the sound should be a lot better at the El Rey than it was at the Troubadour, which is not ideal for loud shows. I will get my ticket tomorrow morning, and you will have yours in a few minutes! Another good thing is that, because (according to their FB post) the album will not have been released as of the tour dates, that means they will likely come back and do another leg after the album comes out. That's how they did it last time. I've mentioned it several times, but it still trips me out how it happened - I went to the Triptykon show (also at the El Rey) in October 2010, stayed to see 1349 only because one of my buddies at the King's X board said the drummer was amazing. Because of that, it led me to check out the whole phenomenon of Black Metal, and I bought CDs by bands like Marduk and Carpathian Forest, stuff I don't listen to anymore. But because of all that, I went on a Black Metal binge in 2011 that led to Alcest popping up repeatedly in the "recommended for you" sidebar on Youtube. You know how something hits you about a band? In the old days, in a record store, it might have been an album cover: "Oh, this looks cool, I think I'll buy it and check them out". What hit me on Youtube, seeing them keep popping up in the recommended list (because I don't usually check out recommendations on Youtube), was the name. Alcest. When I saw that they were from France, I thought it was a French word, but then Neige said it was just a made up word to describe the music. So, it worked perfectly. The word got me interested enough to click the link and hear the music, which I listened to all that year continuously. Then came the October 2011 concert with Enslaved, then waiting for the new album, and then your video.

And here we are.

So it all goes back to all we have talked about concerning the awareness of the unconscious mind and the role of destiny in life. The two are tied together, you know? Your unconscious mind has an awareness, a connection with your destiny, because it is closer to God (God meaning whatever you believe God to be). Your unconscious mind dwells in a realm outside the workings of the everyday. But you can still  tune into it to a remarkable degree, especially with practice. That is what I meant in a blog a few weeks ago, when I said that you and I were dwelling in both worlds at once, the physical and the spiritual. Now, everybody is doing that.........but hardly anyone is aware of it, much less actively experiencing it .

We are.

I Love You, Elizabeth! You should have your ticket by the time you read this, and I am sending you a goodnight hug and kiss and so much love as well. This has been an excellent day.

Sweet Dreams, my Love.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment