Saturday, June 15, 2013

MacArthur Park (more added, and a goodnight hug and kiss too.)

Good Evening, my Beautiful Darling! I am writing from Pearl's to check in a little early, because at 6:30 when I get off, I am gonna take the subway down to Los Angeles to see a guy named Jimmy Webb. He is a songwriter who was very famous in the late 1960s, for writing a song called "MacArthur Park". It was a very dramatic song, and kind of strange in a way because of it's lyrics. It had a famous line, "someone left the cake out in the rain". And instead of a singer, they hired an actor named Richard Harris to recite it. The result was a one-of-a-kind song that became legendary, even though a lot of people hate it, lol. I actually had the single as a kid. :) Jimmy Webb also wrote another hit single for the pop-country star Glenn Campbell that was called "Witchita Lineman". But his claim to fame has always been "MacArthur Park".

My brother FB'd me yesterday to tell me that Jimmy Webb is gonna sing "MacArthur Park" in MacArthur Park. Yeah, the song is named after a park in downtown Los Angeles. Webb is not normally a performer, but they have a free concert series in the park during the Summer, and somebody got the idea to have Jimmy Webb there, because he has never actually sung his song in the park.

It's free, so I am gonna go, just for the heck of it, and to see my brother. I haven't seen him since Christmas 2011. Then today he tells me he just had gall bladder surgery on Thursday! But he's okay. So, I am gonna meet him at the park around 8pm, watch the concert - which I am guessing will last between an hour and 90 minutes, and then I am gonna get back on the subway and head home. So, I should be back home around 11:15 to 11:30, and I will check back in to say goodnight. I loved your Brooke Shaden post this morn, and I am so much loving this feeling we are sharing. These are great days, Elizabeth. I hope you had a nice afternoon, and I will be back later tonight. I Love You, my Sweet Angel. :):)

11:45pm  : I just got back a few minutes ago, and the first thing I want to say is thank you for that beautiful message you posted at 6pm. I was at Pearl's, finishing up before I was going to leave for the concert, and I saw your post, and the words in the text made me feel so good that I practically floated downtown. There was not a lot of traffic on the road, and the sky was clear, I had a good view of the mountains, and on my way to the subway station I was able to reflect on how wonderful you had just made me feel. Lately I am glad I have no one riding with me to shows, because then I can be with you, Elizabeth. It is very real when I say that I bring you along to shows with me - I know you know the feeling! And I had fun, although what I suspected might happen did happen. I never met up with my brother. I guess he got there late. I was up front (of course) and he was somewhere in the back. So I got to see Jimmy Webb play many of his famous songs, including "Up,Up and Away", which I did not know he wrote. He played piano and sang, and I was glad I was by myself because I was actually with you, and we had no distractions. Some of the things we have talked about lately have really had an effect on me, and I am talking about things you have posted about what it means to be an artist, and finding something you love and giving yourself permission to do it, and I so love your passion for this whole way of being. And so I feel so special in this world when I can use the powers of mind that we know about to bring us together. I don't mind being alone, then, because I am not alone.

I am with you all the time, and you are with me.

So we are creating our own reality, now and for the future. I want your days to be special and beautiful, and I want you to feel all of this just as I do, this feeling of expectancy, of being in control of your destiny yet always aware of the wonder, the knowledge that something special is in store.

I write about these sensations all the time because, ever since I met you, I feel them all the time.

I Love You, Elizabeth, and I am loving these days and these feelings, and I send it all back to you tonight.

You are an Artist, that is your life, and I will live it with you.

Sweet Dreams, I will see you in the morning. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment