Saturday, May 17, 2014

An Awesome Life, Day By Day (Late Night Love)

Good Morning, Sweet Baby,

It's afternoon for you, just before noon for me. I didn't wake up til 10am. Man, there is nothing like feeling fully rested. I saw your post this morning, and I guess you might mean the photographer's words to apply to you, as well. I'll bet it feels very emotional to be graduating, and at the culmination of your educational career. And it has been a career, because it is what you have done for so very long, and because you have applied yourself with such focus and dedication. Like any career, there were probably things you liked about it, and some you didn't like as much, but also there must have been things you loved about it. Maybe even things you loved that you didn't realize at the time, but now, in looking back, you do.

I went through school, though I hardly applied myself and did not have the educational career that you have had. Still, I know what it was like to be all done with school. For me, there was a feeling of "what am I gonna do now"? There was a lot of anxiety for me at that time.

I know also that you have made a lot of friends at school. I would say, and I really mean this, "don't worry about a thing". :)

Just take things one day at a time, as the old saying goes. You will still see all your friends. Some more often, perhaps, and some less often, maybe once in a while, but it will happen gradually and naturally. And in these days of Facebook, you know you'll never really lose anybody who wants to keep in touch.

Don't worry about a thing. Don't worry about what you're gonna do next, because you are already doing it. Day by day, you are living your life. That's what you have always been doing, and that's what you are gonna do next! Things will present themselves, opportunities will pop up. This is all the stuff we've talked about from time to time. It can sound simplistic, but it's really not. Just live your life, every day. Life is days and hours and moments.

You are already in that mindset, Elizabeth, and so - where I would have said in the past: "You are gonna have a great life"! - I now say: "You are already having it"! And I say that because I can see, from the sidelines (and from my own experience) that you have the ability to live life in the moment, and to appreciate the days, hours and moments.

School may be over, but the University is still nearby, your friends are right there, everything is in place. So just let things unfold, slowly, with no pressure. You still have Italy coming up, too, and you have all the support of everyone who loves you: your family, your friends.......

....and me! :):)

One thing I know for sure, today is an awesome day. I got to sleep in, and in a little while I might drive up to the Pioneer Cemetery. Yeah, I know - only I would drive to a cemetery on my day off, haha. But this is the oldest cemetery in the San Fernando Valley, dating back to the "Pioneer" days (hence the name), and it's more of a cultural artifact than a "working" cemetery nowdays. Nobody has been buried there for decades, and it's only open one day a month, the third Saturday, which just happens to be today. And, I've never been there. So, I may drive up to Sylmar. It's about 10 miles away, near The Nethercutt Auto Museum.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I Love You, and I hope you have a fantastic day. Your Summer is gonna be awesome, and so is everything else. Day by day by day.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

(back in a bit)

9:20pm : I got all screwed up in my schedule which is why I didn't post a song at the usual time. Sorry about that. I was watching a movie earlier, then went out for a late walk, and when I got back I realized : "Aww man, I missed my song"! So I got it backwards, with the nightly piano piece first. I've said it before, but it's weird to have a day off because then, no matter how many days I've been working and adhering to my schedule, I seem to immediately revert to my own natural biorhythms and my tendency to naturally awaken about 9am (today was an exception because I was exhausted) and to stay up a little later, like 1 to 2am.

Getting a full night's sleep is a rare thing for me, so when it happens, my body instantly reverts.

The movie I watched was great, "Our Man In Havana" with Sir Alec Guinness. He made a series of very sophisticated comedies in the late 1950s, like "Kind Hearts And Coronets" and this film tonight, that just aren't made anymore. Alec Guiness was really one of the most talented people in the history of the movies. He did everything from "Kind Hearts", in which he played 8 different roles!, to serious military drama in "Bridges At Toko-Ri", to one of the biggest roles in one of the biggest pictures of all time, "Star Wars". I really enjoyed finding this dvd at Northridge Library this evening, as I hadn't even heard of the film before.

I did drive up to Pioneer Cemetery this afternoon, but it was closed. There was a maintainence crew on the grounds, but it was not open to the public. I had based my info (3rd Saturday of the month) on a website that I just now see was last updated in 2003! So, when I got there, a sign said that it is open for regularly scheduled docent tours, and it will also be open on Memorial Day. So maybe I will go back then. It is not a big cemetery, really just the size of a large residential plot. And it is kind of sparse. Not many headstones. They are spaced very far apart. But, the place was subject to a lot of vandalism in the 1960s and 70s, before it was adopted by the San Fernando Valley Historical Society. At any rate, I will go back.

I hope you had a nice day. I will sleep in tomorrow, and then be back on regular schedule as of 1pm, when I pick Pearl up from church.

I Love You, Elizabeth.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment