Thursday, May 22, 2014

Congrats!

Good Evening, Talented Lady,

I just wanted to say congratulations on having your film chosen again, to be shown as part of that program at the Madison Library. I saw the posting on your FB. :) You are really getting some notice for your work and I think that's great, so I wanted to say so. Remember, you are an all-around filmmaker now, so make sure and think of yourself as one. :)

I got my Agalloch CD in the mail today. After one listen, boy, there is a lot going on with this record. Some stuff sounds very Agalloch, like the first album, and some other stuff, especially some of the lead breaks, sound very 70s, ala a band like Wishbone Ash or even UFO. Really different components for Agalloch. The vocals are awesome throughout, and there is some absolutely shredding guitar at the end of the instrumental song near the end of the album. Incredible stuff from Don Anderson. I also like the classical guitar interludes. Once I get this record absorbed into my system, I think it will be up there with their best, although with Agalloch, almost all their stuff qualifies.....

You will be seeing them in just a few weeks, hopefully they will play much of the new one, including that shredding instrumental!

I hope all is going well, and it sounds like it is. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment