Sunday, May 4, 2014

Late Night Love

Good Evening, my Darling,

Sorry I'm checking in so late, but it was really just an ordinary Sunday and there was nothing to report. I saw your post a little while ago, and I guess that maybe you are studying for finals, and/or writing papers. I know it's a lot of work.

Anyway, a low key day for me, shopping, reading and Kobedogging at CSUN. Agalloch just posted a link to NPR where you can listen to the new album. You probably saw it. Some bands - a lot of bands, actually - I will listen to pre-release music, but with my favorite bands I want it to be like it used to be, where you hear maybe one song before the album comes out, but in general you get the album when it comes in the mail (used to be the record store!), and you open it and listen to it then. For me, I like the anticipation factor and the official release date.

Having said that, I will try very hard not to listen to the NPR link for the next ten days or so, haha. ;)

I am having fun listing some movies over at FB. I know a lot of them are older, and some are obscure, but they're all worthwhile. I am trying to come up with my own personal Top Ten, which is just as hard for movies as it is for music. In the past, before the dvd era and access to so many films, I might have said "Exorcist" as my #1, "Taxi Driver" as #2, "Blazing Saddles" as #3, and maybe "Apocalypse Now" as #4.

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre" would have been up there (and still is!). Sorry about that. But only the original movie. The modern remakes are no good.

I'm not sure what else would have been in my previous Top Ten, but now, I'm not sure that any of those films would make the cut. I will have to think about which films are my all time favorites, but as for my FB list, so far I have tried to give an overview of all kinds of movies I have enjoyed in the past ten years or so, and they are all films that I would rank very highly. I will keep going and see how many I can think of.

Well, that's all for today. Everything is good at the moment, if routine. For you, school will soon be out, you will have Aced all your finals, and you will be ready to have a blast all Summer.

Sweet Dreams, and I will see you in the morning. I Love You!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment