Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Fun Day At The Field Lab (Field Lab Caves Wanna See)

Hi my Darling,

I am at home, just looking at some of the pamphlets and stuff they gave us at our tour of the Field Lab today. They even gave us all official Santa Susana Field Lab baseball caps with the Boeing logo stitched on the back. Pretty cool! The tour itself was a blast. I had already seen the Alpha Rocket Stand on previous tours, but this time I got to take pics, and I will post more later on.

I hope your day was good, and I liked your post about guitarists!  :):)

'Twas super hot again today, 100+, and it hasn't cooled off much tonight. I will go on my walk in a few, then come back and take another look at my pictures before I head back to Pearl's. And I will write more after I get there and get situated.

Enjoy the rest of your evening! I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:20am : Happy Late Night, Sweet Baby. Well, it was a busy day and a lot of fun. We got a mini-course on rocket science, lol. In a coincidence, it was also JPL's Open House today, you know - Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the guys who put the rovers on Mars. I would have loved to have been at that, too, but from what I heard it was jam packed, just like the Point Mugu Air Show was a couple weeks ago. So it's okay if I missed it. I am interested in the "behind-the-scenes" info about Mars, anyway, and at the Open House they are only gonna tell ya the stuff deemed acceptable for public consumption.

That's why I like the tours up at the Field Lab. It's almost like a little secret, because the only people who go are just a single busload of maybe 40 people. 40 versus 20-60,000 at the other events.

One of the last things our tour guide mentioned was the painted Chumash caves that are on site up there. The ones with the millennia old paintings. They used to think there were just the few that had been known to exist for the many decades by the Air Force, which took over the property in 1947. But recently, they went over the property with some of the remaining Indian ancestors in the area, and now they have identified over 100 Indian artifact sites, including other caves.

Man, would I love to see some of those! I even wrote such in the comment section of a survey they gave us at the end of the tour.

Well, that's all I know for today. Tomorrow is church & choir, so I will be here till 9:30am, then back around 1pm.

Sweet Dreams! I Love You.   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment