Thursday, October 29, 2015

Great Pictures! :) (late night love)

Hey Elizabeth,

I'm at Pearl's, just checking in to say hi, and also that I am glad to see you back on FB today and posting so many pictures! Man, you have been working like crazy, which is awesome of course! I remember your picture of Venice from last year, and I've gotta tell ya - it looks like a painting. The lighting and burnished tone of the colors makes it look like a Renaissance painting! Perfect for Venice, too.  :)

You are showing a wide range in your photographic abilities, and I'm still amazed at how well things have gone right out of the gate. Amazed, yes. Surprised? No. You've always had it in you. :)

Well, I had better get back to my duties. Tonight is of course movie night, and we will be seeing Welles' "Touch Of Evil", a classic Noir. I will write more later on, after I get back to Pearl's.

Enjoy your evening and I'll see you in a bit. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

12:25am : Happy Late Night, my Darling. All is quiet here at Pearl's. "Touch Of Evil" was fantastic, so atmospheric & character driven. Orson Welles plays a corrupt cop in a small town on the Mexican border, Charleton Heston is a Mexican envoy attempting to bring him down. I'd seen a truncated version of this film before, and it was hard to follow and didn't make sense in places. As with many of Welles' films, it was re-edited by the studio. Imagine being the guy who made "Citizen Kane", and now all the studio bosses want to tell you how to make your films, and if you don't comply they just take the film away from you. That's what they did to Orson Welles on many of his films. He wasn't blameless, as he had a giant ego and often went overseas to work on another project before a film was finished. So it's possible the studio executives simply threw up their hands and stopped trusting him. But the end result is that many of his films were butchered by studio-hire editors who took his work and "cut it down to size" as it were. Thank goodness for the film restoration scholars and technicians of today, because the films we are seeing have been recreated - i.e. restored - to what would have been Welles' vision in the first place. Thus, a tremendous version of "Touch Of Evil" as presented tonight.

I hope your day was good, and I am guessing "yes" because it sure looks like things are going well.

I Love You and will see you in the morning.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment