Friday, October 16, 2015

Hangin' With The Sweet Baby + Art Photography (Zombie Tag) (super late night love)

Hey, my Darling,

I am home, on a short break before heading back to Pearl's. Today is a busy one; I already took The Kobester to Le Groomer and picked him up and took him back home. Gotta do a little shopping, too.

But I saw your post (Lee Milbrandt) and so that's what I am doing now, just hangin' with my Sweet Baby! Those are great pictures you took of Morgin, with the natural light beams. They look like they might have been done at the University? Anyway, I like the diffusion effect of the light, and I also like that you mentioned that you didn't use photoshop! Pictures created in the camera are the only way to go for art photography.

Photoshop, in my opinion, is for professional and/or technical purposes only, like retouching in fashion photography or wedding photography, or removing something from an image perhaps, in a professional shoot.

But art photography should be pure, I think, and that's just between you, your camera, and the light and image you are photographing. Light + Image = Art Photography.

On the Internet, you see way too many of what I will call "Perfect Pictures", where everything looks too slick, too glossed up, to hyper-real, too color saturated.

I call those Candy Coated Photos, like when you see a nature shot that you know has been doctored, and the sky is so blue it's almost purple, and all the reflections are glistening. Me, I don't wanna see photos like that. I just wanna see what looks natural. I would even choose a photo that's a little flawed - under or over-exposed - or even deliberately out of focus like my friend Mr. D used to shoot - over the Candy Coated computer enhanced photography that you see so much of now.

So I am glad you pointed that out, and keep shooting The Natural Way. That's art photography!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday, but you didn't seem to be around. I know you have been busy. I only saw one post, pertaining to homophobes, so I didn't know what was going on (I know you and your friends have had some trouble with jerks in the past), but anyway, I just didn't see many posts there for a couple days, and I had nothing to report other than just the Usual Stuff.

We did see a great movie last night at CSUN, "Mr. Arkadin" by Welles. Grimsley was there, too, and we both enjoyed the film very much.

Well, I am gonna go for a little bit of my walk now, then go to the store before heading back to Pearl's. After 6:30 I am off until Sunday morning, so I will be home tonight and I can Hang With The Sweet Baby again. I will definitely write more later, too.

Enjoy your Friday afternoon. I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

10:55pm : Hey, Sweet Baby, I am just getting back from my walk. Super humid out there, but cooler. I saw your post just now (Jenni Ultrea), and I think that sounds like a blast, literally haha. Which reminds me of a classic Grade Z sci-fi flick in the late 70s called "Laserblast". Look it up on IMDB. :) But I digress - I was gonna say it sounds like fun to have a game of laser tag updated for Halloween. Is that what that is? Haunted Laser Tag w/Zombies and stuff? Man, I would love to do that.  :)

"The Walking Dead" is so popular that a game like that would be huge. Speaking of the show, I almost screwed up tonight. You know I make a point not to read any spoilers about it, because I am a latecomer and am catching up, now on Season Three. So, no message boards about it, no IMDB (because it shows how many episodes each actor is in, which is how I found out the "Shane" charater was gonna die). No, I do what I did with "Breaking Bad", which is just avoid all talk of it, to avoid spoilers.

But tonight I was gonna watch another episode, so I put the dvd in and hit play. Things looked out of kilter, like a span of time had passed since the last episode I watched. It seemed like I was missing a good bit of the plot, like the story had jumped forward. So I stopped the dvd and checked the episode numbers, and I realised I'd ordered the wrong one. I should've been on Season Three Disc Three, but I had mistakenly ordered #4. So I almost blew it! I'll just have to forget what I saw, which was about 7 or 8 minutes worth. I'm a stickler against spoilers.......  :)

But I love the show, and I am hooked. Instead of "Walking Dead" then tonight, I watched a classic from the 70s called "The Legend Of Hell House". I'd forgotten how creepy that one is, which is great because I can think of it later on and scare myself, haha.

Well, right now I am gonna have something to eat, and browse Amazon a little bit, and then I will come back and write some more at the usual late night time of about 12:15 or so. See you then if you're still awake.

I Love You!  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo  :):)

1am : Happy Super Late Night, my Darling. I hope you had a good day and a good start to your weekend. I saw a photo posted by James of Versus Me, about an endorsement for some in-ear mikes. The pic was of their drummer and it looked like it was taken on a festival stage, so I was wondering if you shot it? He  usually credits you on FB when it's your photo. Anyhow, if it is, then that's another good aspect to what is happening - product endorsement. If it is your shot, make sure he adds your name.  :)

I am sorry to see that your friend Morgin moved away. You only recently met her. But you can stay in touch (much easier to do nowdays), and who knows, you will probably see her again in the future.

I am trying to cram as much reading, movie watching, thinking, writing & pondering as possible into my time off, so I will read a few pages of my Hoagland book before I go to bed, and then I will sleep in and see you in the late-ish morning, 9:30 or 10.

Ancient Cities on Mars, just imagine..........or look at the pictures......

Sweet Dreams, Elizabeth. I Love You.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxooxo  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment